Friday, November 14, 2014

A Note From the Real World

I have been spending my mornings reliving our trip as I edit and organize photos and prepare blog posts for each destination.  It is a lot of work, and very time consuming, but I am doing it as my way of creating my trip albums.  A friend ask me this morning if I was going to print up any photos, and I said no.  This time my albums will all be virtual.  That way anyone can see them, as quickly or as slowly as they want, and they will be stored on the cloud, and not take up shelf space.

Thank you to those of you who have been writing comments.  What is a labor of love for me could be just a too long bore for others.

I still am dealing with some jet lag.  It has been a long time since I had a full, restful night's sleep, but I feel  myself slowly recovering.
We went for a three mile walk yesterday and then my legs hurt all night, so I am going to ease back into exercise slowly.  We walked so many miles and climbed so many steps and picked our way carefully over so many cobblestones and ancient slabs of marble during our travels that I about wore my legs out.

I do need to get back to exercising though because I gained about five pounds on the trip, thanks to all that food on the cruise ship.  So any tempting desserts!

We have been enjoying sunny weather since we returned a week ago, but it has taken some time to adjust to the cold that has moved in.  It never dropped below 60 where we were for three weeks.  We have both spent several hours a day in the afternoons working in the yard, getting the fall clean up done. There will be  more raking to do once all of the leaves are finally down.

And there is still soccer - grandkids games on Saturdays for another week and Sounders playoff games yet to come. 

We're slowly getting back to normal here in the real world.

8 comments:

  1. Ahhh, there's so place like home! Glad you had such a wonderful time. Don't overdo it in the yard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Returning home is always a satisfying part of travel. A virtual album is the way to go--I so get about the shelf space!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might want to consider going to one of those places that allows you to put your posts into print. We did that with my brother-in-law's posts after he died, and it's a wonderful addition to my library. Plus I was completely surprised at the quality of the photos! Of course, SOME people put a huge number into each post, so it might end up being very expensive. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't doubt that you are exhausted...I wouldn't have the energy to do all the walking and exploring you did. I only blog these days and don't scrapbook cause my shelves are lined with books that no one looks at.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Re-entry to the real world is always a challenge for me. I am thinking more and more of spending the money for books for my photos since everything digital can disappear so easily. I do back up in the cloud, but the cost can increase and others may not want to save those photos at the expense after I am gone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get a good night's sleep soon. I love traveling, but the upset to my sleep cycle is one of the worst things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do believe hard copy albums are on the way out. This way, so many more people get to view the pictures.
    Hope you get your sleep patterns back to normal soon. Just relax till you do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean about time CONSUMING. I juuuust finished our album. We're going to have it printed at Costco as a photobook though. It's so much smaller than the binder albums I used to make and I can pass it around to people who want to see it.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.