Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Lakewold Estate Garden Part 2

 When I posted the initial photos of the Lakewold Estate, I promised a Part 2, but I never had the time to get back to it. Now I do.

You may be tired of my many photo posts, and if so, scan quickly, as I will add very little dialog.

These photos are of the more natural landscape, removed from the house, by the lake, and on the circular drive around the great lawn.

Wild life - a banana slug enjoying the rain.
Into the forest.










Me, geared up for the rain, under my favorite tree. 








The Copper Beech tree that is an Olmstead favorite. 


Hardy cyclamen blooming under the trees along the drive. 










It was a beautiful time to be in this garden.

7 comments:

  1. SO lovely! I like this part of the garden a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Beech tree is really pretty! What a lovely green place to wander with spots of beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy your photo excursions! This one is no exception, just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photos from the woods look so serene. I loved to walk through there. The flowers are simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty those hardy cyclamen are! Every year when you post pictures of some I wish they'd thrive here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your header photo at the top. So serene and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.