Saturday, August 3, 2013

Wedding Day

There was rain this morning, but it managed to be dry when we needed it to be.  

There was good visiting over breakfast at the hotel this morning, and then my sister Laurie and I and Tom and Arnie went for a walk down Main Street before getting ready for the 11:30 ceremony.

We all emerged from our rooms in our wedding finery and found our places in the church.
Others filed in behind us and the ceremony was underway.


 Jordan, my niece, and the bride's sister.




The bride was beautiful and the groom was handsome, just as it should be.
 The bride's family was happy.  So was the groom's but I didn't stick around for their photo ops.


We stole the father of the bride for a photo op of our own - brothers and sisters.

There was a time gap between the wedding and the reception that we filled by visiting at Starbucks.


The reception was held at a lovely facility, the Stroudsmoor Country Inn.  There were drinks and delicious hors d'oeuvres and lots more visiting.







Then upstairs there was dining and dancing and toasting the bride and groom.

The little kids had their own table.

 You may have noticed this is a military family.  Thus it was reflected in the cake.


 One can only hope that the marriage is more peaceful than the cake.  It tasted good though.
 First dance.
Now everybody dance!


 The cake cutting was surprisingly tidy for these two.

Just as we all converged for the wedding, now we will all disperse to go home or finish our travels.

Best wishes to the newlyweds. and thank you for a fun, family filled day.

15 comments:

  1. Lovely and congrats... Many happy years....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE weddings and I LOVE wedding photos. Your photos showed so much fun and happiness. I love seeing you with your family. But gosh, Linda. That is THE MOST original wedding cake I have ever seen. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful wedding! Looks like everyone had a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely wedding, though I wondered why anyone would drink red wine while wearing a white bridal gown. Just a few red drops on her dress and...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful wedding! The bride's gown is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I felt the same when I saw the glass of red wine and the beautiful wedding dress! Scared for an accident, which would certainly have happened if it was me. What fine pictures! That cake, however, is definitely not for the faint of heart! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was fun! The cake was something else, and I loved the picture of dancing with the kiddos.

    Thanks for letting us tag along!

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a handsome couple and loved the guys in uniform. A weakness of mine.
    The cake topper looked like the promo for a spy thriller movie. Very unique.
    So glad it all went off smoothly and I wish the happy couple only the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a beautiful wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderfully festive reason to get together with family! I didn't realize a wedding was one of the reasons for your trip back east. The bride was beautiful. I love that cake topper. The dresses are a gorgeous blue jewel-tone, and short, a great design that they can probably wear again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was fun, and the cake must be one of a kind! Congrats to the newlyweds:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This truly was a beautiful wedding. The bride is lovely and the groom is handsome, so is your brother. In fact, all of you siblings are a handsome photo group. I see a strong family resemblance.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your wedding photos Linda. Always a happy day! Congratulations to the bride and groom and happy travels.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.