Friday, October 25, 2019

The Autumnal Beauty of Kubota Garden

Kubota Garden was began by Japanese immigrant Fujitaro Kubota as a private Japanese garden in 1927. That led him into the garden design business, which flourished for many years.  In 1987 the 20 acre property was turned over to the City of Seattle to save it from development. Since then many improvements have been made as well as preserving the original core garden. It is open free of charge to the public, and has become a treasured gem in the crown of the City of Seattle. 

At no time do the jewels of this garden sparkle more than now, when the Japanese maples light up with autumnal color, surrounded by natural and planted trees and shrubs in many glorious hues. 
Enjoy your stroll. We did!


















 We were restricted from crossing my favorite moon bridge because some large trees are being removed. I never like to see big trees taken down, but apparently there are safety and/or design issues. The good thing is that the city continues to fund this garden at its high standard. 

 














































8 comments:

  1. These are such gorgeous photos, Linda. You make me want to go back Seattle to enjoy the beautiful scenery once again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome colors. there are still some brilliant greens. I can see why you'd visit this place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel as though I have had a tour of heaven. So much beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous. I loved the tour, and I thank you again and again for the lovely pictures. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That one tree shot is quite magical, thanks for the tour

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love Japanese Maples. They light up a landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  7. just gorgeous, I've been there and it is lovely especially this season!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have seen a few photos of this garden before but this is a good tour of the place. All of those J. Maples are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.