Wednesday, January 22, 2020

"Some Days Are Stone"

As the song goes, "Some days are diamonds. some days are stone".

Today is dark and rainy. But at least as I look our the window I see things blooming and sprouting.

 I am back home from a morning dentist appointment, recovering from two tooth extractions. It was not a fun process, nor is dealing with the aftermath.

Charlie the Borrowed Cat came begging for attention. I toweled him off, gave him some attention and some food. He likes both the attention and the food. If he was my cat I could have him come in and I could get some lap therapy, but he is not my cat, I am not ready to have another house cat, and I suspect Charlie is not much of a lap cat anyway. He certainly isn't when we sit together outside in the summertime. 
I am ensconced in my recliner right now. I have the Impeachment Trial on, but I'm not paying too much attention. Having followed Rachel Maddow on television for years, as well as reading articles from the New York Times and the Washington Post, I know all the evidence that the Democrats are presenting. Thank god for a free press and investigative journalism. 

What will come of this trial is unknown. Truth will be presented, but probably limited by denied access. Denials will continue, as well as outright lying on the part of the President and his minions. Divisions will probably be dug deeper. 

Sigh. 

Some days are diamonds, some days are stone. 

9 comments:

  1. Charlie is a really handsome cat...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your dental chair blues. At least it's behind you now, just the recovery. I feel just the same about the trial and couldn't agree with you more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can definitely see why your days is stone. I hope your mouth heals quickly. Be extra kind to yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your recovery from the extractions is swift! No fun. Most of those old coots in Washington have been there TOO long...one said he was there for the Clinton Impeachment...time for some of them to go home. I think all this hoopla is a waste of time and taxpayers money. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch with the teeth. I hope you recover rapidly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh OUCH, Linda! I’m sorry you’re having to go through this. I’m always nervous when I go to the dentist. I just know I have work that will need to be done. Sigh...

    I can’t watch the impeachment. It’s too frustrating. McConnell is in cahoots with Trump and none of the Republican senators have the courage to stand up to them. They don’t want to know the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Trump's recent statement about his sometimes being "too honest" gets added to the 16,000+ falsehoods already on record.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you get to feeling better soon. You definitely need more kitty therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm tired of the impeachment trial before it even started...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.