Thursday, August 6, 2026

You Can Tell It's August Because...

 This is the post I was going to publish on Tuesday, but now updated and without photos. I spent more than two hours yesterday waiting for a Geek Squad agent to find a fix. There was very little communication other than he needed more time. Finally, after a long period of no chat update I asked if he was close to a fix, that there were fixes on line but I didn't have enough tech knowledge to complete them, was it time for a new agent, should we quit. I guess he chose quit because I got the message "Session Ended". That's it.

So, in follow up to my title "You Can Tell It's August Because...

...the sunshine is orange and the blue sky is turning white. It's wild fire season and fires are burning out of control in many areas of Oregon and Washington. The city of Spokane in Eastern Washington is being attacked by 3 large fires driven by wind and hundreds of homes are being destroyed. As many as 900 homes are now ashes. A little smoke here is nothing compared to the misery those folks are suffering.

...because lilies are blooming in my garden, pink Stargazers and white Casablancas.  Just one in a vase in my powder room perfumes the whole area.

...because even with watering the lawn is going brown.

...because sunflowers are blooming.

...because the yard waste bins went out full of plants that were done and were cut back in the clean up we did over the weekend. 

..and because Seafair, the big annual festival of fun in Seattle, culminated with hydroplanes zooming on Lake Washington, and the Blue Angles roaring in the sky over the lake. Jill, Irene, and Jake were there on the lake shore. I watched some of it on TV.

I hope you can get a mind movie of some of this.

I don't know when I'll be back. I might have to resign myself to just words, and that's not nearly as much fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.