It's Monday and we are back home from a weekend at the island. Clouds and clearings gave us a show on the lagoon when the tide was in and the wind was calm.
On Friday it was cloudy and sometimes drippy so we went to Freeland and stopped at Ace Hardware to visit the nursery and enjoy autumn color.
Then we drove backroads to Langley, where of course we had coffee, as well as walked around a bit.
When we got back to the cabin in early afternoon, the bay was socked in.
We stayed in and read and in the evening watched some television.
Watching TV at the cabin is a process since the younger generation decided we didn't need cable anymore. For us that means bringing my laptop, hooking it up to the TV and Googling our Xfinity account. It helps if we don't forget the process or if we can remember to get Netflix that way. Sometimes it works.
Saturday morning was dry and mostly sunny and we went to the farmers market in Bayview. We bought beets and pastries - an almond croissant for me and a big gooey cinnamon roll for Tom. We saved them for Sunday morning.
Next door to the market we visited Bayview Gardens for more autumn color.
Back at the cabin we enjoyed the lagoon, went for a walk, read, and did some gardening.
In the evening we were able to watch the Sounders match against the Minnesota Loons. Seattle won! Yay. Two in a row finally.
On Sunday morning we were planning to watch the Seahawks football game being played in the other Washington. Nope, sorry. If you are not on your home Wi-Fi you don't get to watch it. Jill called and got us hooked up to her FUBO account eventually but by then I almost didn't care. I finally settled down and enjoyed my almond croissant at least. The Seahawks lost. We headed home through heavy traffic. By then Tom was sick with either a bad cold or a sinus infection. He's miserable but will survive. I hope I don't get whatever it is.
Since it's Monday I'm doing laundry. I overloaded a load of sheets and towels and so I'm fighting with my washer. These fancy new appliances won't let you tell them what to do.
I think I need a vacation where everything works.
But the herons were happy sitting on their perches in the calm lagoon.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.