Sunday, September 13, 2026

Quiet Saturday

 It's a quiet Saturday afternoon here at the Reeder Homestead. We were quite surprised when we were first  awake enough this morning to notice the time and the clock said 9:00! I guess we needed it. I had several insomnia nights this week and Tom had oral surgery on Thursday.

The weather is quiet today. No wind, no rain, no heat, just sun and clouds and mild temps. Nice. Good enough that we got outside this morning for about an hour and a half to do some yard clean up. I worked on the upper bank clipping and trimming. 

--------------------------------------------------

Well, now, it's Sunday. I had trouble with photos again. Blogger only lets me use Google Photos. My iPhone sends my photos to iCloud and now also Google Photos Gallery. Fine. But it takes most of a day before the photos show up on the Blogger insert app. And today my yesterday photos are not available for "insert" at all.

It rained. We got .65 inches overnight and Sunday morning. That's good. It's still quiet. We get a head start on Monday housework. 

Tom works in his green house. Yesterday he put wire hangers on nursery pots so he can hang then in the greenhouse, because his benches are filling up with geranium and other cuttings. He was just out taking more cuttings, this time of plectranthus. Of course there would be pics of all of this, but....

On Wednesday Jill and Jake attended the Seahawks Season/NFL Season Opener in Seattle. We watched on TV. It wasn't looking very good until the last quarter, when the Hawks pulled a win out of the fire and defeated New England in a replay of last season's Super Bowl. Go Hawks!

Also watching on her TV was our 99 year old friend DeDe. She had a scare recently, was in the hospital for a day, and is now home in her senior living complex, but is still recovering. We had lunch with her on Thursday. I am not ready to live in one of those places yet. I think it's the cafeteria food more than anything that gets to me. I've gotta keep moving.

I have a pretty arrangement of dahlias to show you, but sorry. Our dahlias are looking raggedy from lack of staking, but I am still getting some flowers from our sun starved raised beds. Today's rain will refresh everything and then we will be back to some sun and 70's. Summer isn't over yet. :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.