Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Democratic Convention, Day 2

If you missed tonight's prime time, there is no way I can fill you in.

It was Bill Clinton night.  Do I need to say more?

Bill was preceded by Sandra Fluk, the young woman who spoke out on women's health and was attacked by the right.  Of President Obama,  she said when he heard of a young woman being attacked for speaking out, he thought of his daughters, not his delegates or his donors.

Jim Sinegal. CEO of Costco, said job creation requires businesses that plant and grow, not executives who reap and run.

Elizabeth Warren, who created the Consumer Protection Agency to hold Wall Street responsible, and is now running for the senate, was great.  I love that woman.

But Bill!  He demolished the complete Republican campaign, pointing out fact after fact that proved their claims false.  He delineated the accomplishments of Obama's first four years.  He underscored that NO ONE could have fixed the mess that was left by Bush II in four years.  He said it's as if the Republicans are saying, "We left him a total mess.  He didn't clean it up fast enough. So put us back in."

I can't begin to cover what Bill Clinton said, because he addressed everything.  He went way long, and yet we hung on his every word.  

If you didn't hear this speech, try to read the script, which should be on line, even though Bill of course left the script frequently.  Some of those side trips were the best parts.  

Bubba is still bigger than life, still smarter than anyone, and still the master of politics.

11 comments:

  1. Clinton needed every word to teach that crowd what's what. Now, let Obama explain, tomorrow night, what he's going to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzDhk3BHi6Q&feature=share

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jake supplied a link in the comment above for a YouTube video of the whole speech. thanks, Jake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd welcome the Clintons back in 2016 but first Bill's got to live that long. As always, Bills's a man of many words, and every word is worth hearing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And one piece of trivia. At Mitt Romney's peak moment during the Republican convention there was a little over 14,000 tweets a minute. Michelle Obama peaked at something over 28,000, & Bill Clinton at over 22,000.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this post, Linda. I only caught the last half of Clinton's speech and I did hang on every word. That man is amazing! I've been rather preoccupied with a million things lately so I'm missing everything. I really appreciate your writing about the conventions. I'll be catching up on them later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that speech is going to win the election for Obama.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most politicians speechify. Clinton orates. He was brilliant! I wonder how many times he said "Now..." and waggled that famous finger. I loved every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I missed Clinton's speech, but did hear the nun speak about her bus tour. She was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gift Bill Clinton has in the way he relates to the audience!! I loved it. He made me laugh several times. I hope he cleared things up for those undecided voters who were willing to listen. There are too many whose mind is set based on stupidity.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clinton was amazing. He is brilliant, and he does his homework. I like that he used so many facts to state his case. I heard today that he was allotted 24 minutes or so, and he took double that.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.