Sunday, September 30, 2012

Grandparents On Duty

We had a kid-filled weekend.

Friday afternoon we picked the kids up from school for early release Friday.  I had purchased two new puppets when we were last in Langley, and I saved the box that our new computer was shipped in.  We made a puppet theater.
 Then the kids had a planning session in their "office" and decided on scripts for two shows.
 Irene introduced the first show.
 The new puppets were Dewey the Library Cat, with a book to match, and a Jack Russell Terrier.  In this show they were Sam and Bruce.
 Josy's toy mouse got a part in the second show.
We met Jill at Olive Garden and we took the family out to dinner.  Corey was in Colorado visiting friends and family.  He was going for a job interview, but he landed a new job working in technology with Tad, so he just went for a visit.

On Saturday Jill was leaving by 11:00 to catch the supporter bus for Vancouver BC to attend a Sounders match.  The kids had soccer pictures and soccer games.  Grandpa and I were on call.   Grandpa picked Isaac up for his pictures a 8:45 and then got him to his game.  Jill got Irene an emergency appointment with a doctor for a suspicious rash on her face.  They got seen, got medication and we all met up at Isaac's game. 

 Irene played with her cousin Charlie.
 Isaac played on the field with his cousin Carson.  Here he was ready for the corner kick.
 Then Jill left, I hurried Irene to her photo session, and then back home for a quick lunch before we went to Irene's game.
 As goalie Irene tried to protect her team's slight lead.  I have no idea what the final score was.
 After some down time back home, we headed over to the Cedar River trail for a little fun in the sun.



 Then at home I fixed macaroni and cheese and Tom and I watched the Sounders match while the kids watched videos on my lap top.

They stayed overnight and in the morning I prepared a pancake breakfast.  That's not our usual fare, but it was yummy!

Irene enjoyed the new easy access to Grandpa's pop up book collection.
 Upstairs I had replaced a small bookcase with a larger one from downstairs, and made a children's book library in the guest room.  Irene set it up as a library and played librarian.  We all had to check out a book.
 She featured Dewey, the library Cat.
 The puppet theater was now a check out desk.
 In their room, Isaac was stuck to the screen of Tom's Galaxy tablet.
 Tom was across the hall, checking to see what Carbonite had not transferred to our new hard drive.
 And I was down stairs watching Seahawks football.
Tom took the kids home at half time.  The Seahawks lost.  No big national scandals occurred today.

I read the paper over a long lunch, picked and arranged flowers, and went for a walk.  There were left overs for dinner.

It was a good weekend.

9 comments:

  1. I wonder how Carbonite works. It seems better than saving everything on a memory stick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister swears by Carbonite. I hope it all went well. And it sure looked like a fine weekend, Linda, filled with all the best kinds of family activities. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do pack in a full weekend. I love to see how active your grand kids are ... apples not falling far from the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a busy time, I went for grandparents day at my grandkids school last Friday-lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Typical Reeder week-end. Glad to hear things worked out for Cory. We don't want them going back to Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a perfect weekend to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The kids must love being at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Sounds like a great weekend and I enjoyed the photos as always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE doing theater with Hope
    she challenges my imagination and makes me feel young again

    what a fantastic weekend you all had :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Puppets have always been my favorite toy! Your grandchildren are beautiful and lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.