Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday Morning Walk

Our first fall Sunday morning dawned bright and clear.  It took us a bit longer to clear our heads and get going.  We are always tired after going to a Sounders match, and it was an especially tense one, in which we eventually lost to the league leading San Jose Earthquake, 2-1.

Yesterday Tad began the set up for our new computer, but now we have to wait for Carbonite to restore programs, so I'm glad I have my lap top. And I'm glad we have Tad!

Our cabinets are being delivered Tuesday, so we need to get the speaker wires figured out before then.  We'll work on that this afternoon.  

But this  morning called for a nice long destination walk.  I selected the Cedar River Trail portion from Cedar River Park in Renton to the river's end at Lake Washington.
 The Sockeye Salmon are returning to the river to spawn.
 This fish weir is counting them.

 There are playgrounds along the park trail.
 Tom pointed out this old grafted cherry tree trunk.

 The Boeing Renton Plant where 373's are made is along the trail.
 Lake Washington




 Where the river meets the lake.



 Ornamental parking lot trees are the first to color up.
 I do love this sculpture's title "We are all in this boat together", especially in light of the "class warfare" that is going on in politics right now.
 While we were gone, Josy kept the couch warm.

12 comments:

  1. It was great to have a virtual walk with you--especially after nine hours with my butt planted in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such coolness and greenery! would love to sit on one of those benches-great photos...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isaac wants to ride this part sometime. Are the 373's like 737's ;-)
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're lucky you have destination walks. I am bored with my neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to go on a walk and be able to see so many different things. The carbonite thing sounds very interesting. I imagine that is the way technology will all be heading now. I still have a bunch of DVDs though that will probably become obsolete.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is Lake Washington a small lake Linda? I couldn't find it in my Philips atlas. I'll try Google Earth later. I liked that sculpture. Well made I think - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  7. I laughed at the 373 reference, too. I knew what you meant. :-)

    Lovely walk, and congratulations on winning the August photo contest. I think that makes three now, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've done that walk myself. And, on another one, I saw so many salmon the creek looked like a solid thing. Thanks for your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You live in such a beautiful part of the country. Thanks for including us on your walk.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! And you get to see sock-eye salmon too! Incredible!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.