Thursday, September 5, 2013

Labor Day Morning in the Bellevue Botanical Garden

Some of my blog friends who are also retired have mentioned that holidays can become just another day, but one without the regular routine.  I know that feeling too, so I try to do something a little special on such a day.  Monday was Labor Day, but we were back home, the picnic was over, and there it was, just another day.

So I planned a destination walk, my favorite go-to activity to perk up a ho-hum day.  We chose the Bellevue Botanical Garden, where we could combine our love of gardening with some woodland trails and enough walking to last a couple of hours.

Here are some of the scenes we enjoyed on this sunny morning.
 The Yao Garden was lush and green and peaceful.


 The borders were full of late summer color and texture.














































After two hours in this lovely garden I was content to go home and enjoy my own little bit of paradise.

11 comments:

  1. OH MY!!! How absolutely gorgeous!!

    We will have to visit this garden the next time we come out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I bet that walk was both invigorating and peaceful! Love the BBG. That orange Hedychium is gorgeous! And the new suspension bridge is a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful place for a walk. If it's not too far, I would go there on a regular basis. It sure beats the park trails we have here in Texas. We do have botanical gardens too, but I think yours has ours beat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of nice flower and walkway photos Linda. Glad you are still enjoying gardening - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect way to spend a holiday. The scenery is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What fantastic pictures, Linda. Thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a refreshing walk...thanks for all the cool photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Linda! You guys have the most beautiful gardens in the NW. We'll be taking a trip sometime soon back to Chicago and will definitely make it a point to visit the Chicago Botanical Gardens. I just love that place.

    In the meantime, I loved walking through your gardens with you. Gorgeous photos! You're lucky because you have your own personal garden too!

    Ummmm.... the gardens had yellow ginger? Wow! I just love the scent!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Hedychiums look fantastic. The paths look very inviting, and the flowers are doing well, it looks like fall is coming. Perhaps someday I can get my Seattle relatives to take me there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A slug! The plants along the paths are growing inwards. That first Hydrangea is beautiful! That orange flower whatever it is is just stunning! What a beautiful walk:)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.