Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Morning Walk

At least five days a week I try to get in a good, vigorous walk, about 3.5 miles.  I walk in the neighborhood and usually end up here in the neighborhood park, where I do several laps around the trails.
 The park is lovely right now with all of the autumn colors, but the dreary fog persists, day after day, and now not even burning off in the afternoons.  

 Still the beauty gets my attention and brightens my mood as I wind my way around the open meadows and through the woods.






But I sure could use some sunshine.

Update: the sun made an appearance this afternoon!  It broke through the fog about 2:45 while we were working in the yard.  What a welcome treat!  

12 comments:

  1. And we are having nothing but sunshine here in Portland -- gorgeous blue skies aren't the norm for October here, but that's what it's been nearly all month!! But the gray skies surely didn't detract from the colorful beauty of your captures, Linda, if anything, they emphasize it!! Thanks for sharing the beauty! Hope your week is going well!!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos...our fall leaves haven't turned yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! That looks like a lovely park.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful color you all are having. Even the fog can't dim it too much.
    We are still green and hoping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sun finally came out a few hours ago here, so I went and looked to see if you had gotten any yet, but it doesn't seem so. I absolutely love your pictures, all of them, but that last one took my breath away. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got a first class fog. You show some very brilliant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of wow! These are awesome photos, Linda. You make dreary days absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You managed to get beautiful, color filled pictures in spite of the fog. Your camera is a good motivator to get out and walk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The fog is a lovely thing if it burns off but this whole lasting most of the day thing is getting old! You took some great pictures though; the mushroom circle is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that FOG! We came home from a week of glorious EW skies to the dratted fog. The sun is out now with a tinge of fog around the edges. We have been tearing out summer (flowers in the garden) preparing for Spring. Tulip planting time as you well know. MB

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your fog reminds me of San Francisco, where I lived in 1968.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.