Sunday, November 1, 2015

November

It's November. The rainy season has arrived.

The wind and rain this weekend are doing their best to tear the color from the trees, but autumnal beauty persists into November here.  It's a rule. How else would we manage to transition into the dark season?

There was a break in the rain this morning when I took these photos, but looking at that sky, you knew it wouldn't last. 
And of course it's raining again now as I type. The next round of yard clean up will have to wait. 
 We got a lot of yard clean up done earlier - beds cleaned out and trimmed, lawn mowed and edged, first leaves raked. 



 Now we'll wait and enjoy the color-in the rain. 






 Fortunately we can enjoy much of it from the inside. Josy Cat can too. 

The Christmas cacti are blooming for Halloween and Thanksgiving. 

Tom just reset all of the antique clocks in the house, so I think we are finished turning back time.  No more daylight saved for this year.  Too bad we couldn't have saved a few whole days of daylight from this summer, when we had an abundance, and plunked them down into dark November.  

November is upon us. 

I'll be away from blogging for a bit.  We're hitting the road again.  I'll see some of you on Facebook.  Bye.


14 comments:

  1. If you're getting lots of rain, I wonder how long it will be before a low pressure system develops drags it over the mountains and dumps snow on us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are beautiful in your yard. We've had a light rain all day. Your Christmas cactus is beautiful. Someone else, Country Gal, I believe it was, posted about her Christmas cactus. Have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for those Seahawks! How did the Sounders do? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are just stunning! Your yard looks beautiful! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. So tired of this clock setting. I wish we no longer did that. And, yes, your window frames the tree so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to see red leaves-we have so few here, enjoy your latest trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The trees are beginning to fade, especially with the addition of some rain to bring them down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nature is putting on quite a show here, too, and our maple outside my window is turning right before my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your idea of saving some whole days from summer for November and think that we should also be able to give summer some of November's rain! It's nice that autumn beauty persists into the end of November here. The business of November through the beginning of January helps keep our minds off the dark and by February, spring is here with it's promise of the growing season to come. Reminds me of one of the poems that I use with my kids this month. Tom probably remembers it, especially if he was a fan of using Nellie Edge stuff in his room.
    No green grass
    No blue sky
    No bare feet going by
    No birds
    No bees
    No leaves on trees
    November

    author unknown
    Hope you have a great trip and look forward to reading your posts when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pictures of my favorite time of year. Have a great time, wherever you're headed. I especially enjoyed this post - the poignancy of it, and the beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty pink fall rose. When we lived in Seattle sometimes we had roses up until Christmas. The wind here in Walla Walla has brought those beautiful leaves down around our ankles too. Still the piles of leaves have their own beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your pictures, and have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have Fall now and it is so pretty. We just have brown here now:(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous photos! Have a wonderful time on your trip, Linda and Tom!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.