Saturday, February 10, 2018

Garden GeeGaws Are Hard to Resist: The NWFGF Marketplace

I published this post prematurely, so if you missed the Display Garden posts, be sure to scroll down and find them.)

Geegaw, or gewgaw: a showy thing, especially one that is useless or worthless. 

Certainly yard art is "useless", but I wouldn't call of "worthless", especially given the price of some of it. But I do love garden art and adornments, and they were in abundance at the garden show MarketPlace. 

I am not going to provide much dialogue here, just mostly pics of pretty things and especially things I really liked. We came home with almost none, resisting spending where not needed right now. Shopping with your eyes is like eating with your eyes, non-fattening and easier on the pocket book. 




 Steel boxes and screens - lovely!
 I really WANTED this rusty metal and pottery leaf woman, but at $125 I didn't NEED it. 




 I picked this hanging vase out to come back and buy. When I did come back it was gone. I did buy a small green one instead. 
 The painting here just glowed!
 Tom talked greenhouses with several dealers. 

 Tom found a little metal wall rack in one of Bob Bowling's Rustic Sheds that he liked, and bought it. We love these sheds, but looking at them will have to do. 
 Fun!

 We make our own, not as fancy, but fine enough. 

 Fused glass. Great designs. 
 Well, well. I caught Peter loading up with goodies (geegaws?) as he and Alison were making the rounds. These are my garden blogging buddies, bloggers that I actually know in person. They have even been to my garden, and I have been to theirs. They are wonderful! So are their gardens. 


 This booth, Rusty Birds, is the hardest to resist for me. but we already have many of their pieces, and we managed to come away empty handed this year. 


 This fused glass artist is another of my favorites. I love her "bugs' and have four already. 



 Something new - created out of aluminum screening material. 

 These pottery prayer wheels are true artistry. 

 These wall sculptures are made out of felted wool! New to me. 


 Also new - these pottery fountains. 
 Enameled birds.


 Wonderful wire work .





 He does pottery, she does basketry. Combined, their creations are wonderful!


More to come: Vintage Market, and even some plants !
(If you ask a question in your comments, I try to go back an answer it. Check and see.)

18 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I WISH we had something like this in Hawaii. All the incredible artists and craftspeople must congregate in Seattle! Your photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mercy. I would blow my entire gardening year's budget here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these things are amazing. I would never be able to pick out just one to buy. I really do like the rusty metal leaf woman that you like and the enameled birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be tough to hang onto your money if you toured this place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful stuff! I especially like the glass:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must be in the Garden Gewgaw capital of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the geegaws, nothing like it available here. They add so much to the gardens. Great photobomb of Tom in the picture of Peter and Alison.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was great fun to see you at the show! I love the stuff at Rusty Birds too, and unlike you, I bought some of it -- a cutout word "Joy" and a fern. I nearly bought some of the birds for my fence. You saw quite a few vendors that I missed. I might have bought a couple of those glass bugs if I had seen them. That rusty metal and pottery woman at Blackwaters Metal is wonderful, I wanted her too, but managed to resist that temptation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You took us on a an amazing tour, I wouldn't be able to decide on just one piece. What a feast for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have introduced me to a dangerous new passion - Geegaws! OMG. It is a good thing we don't have that glass booth here. I would have gone bonkers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have introduced me to a dangerous new passion - Geegaws! OMG. It is a good thing we don't have that glass booth here. I would have gone bonkers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. I saw a bunch of things I would have carted home. This is the safest way for me to see them all. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many beautiful pieces. How do you choose?

    ReplyDelete
  14. There are some lovely pieces here. It would be hard to resist.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too fun, I would have a hard time resisting buying lots of stuff for my yard!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I admire your restraint. I'd decided not to buy anything this year but that Alison is such a bad influence on me that I did buy a few things. It's always good to have someone to blame, right?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the shovels they must be laser cut! I have a good collection of flower frogs I love them...I put cards and notes and photos in them:)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.