Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Field Trip

Yesterday was cold and windy, but dry, and so in the afternoon we both got outside to work in the yard for two hours. I pruned the roses and a few shrubs and did lots of picking up. Tom pruned one of the maple trees. 

There is lots more to do, but today was dark and drippy, so we decided to run away for a while.  We are contemplating redesigning an area in the front yard and are beginning to study shrubs that might work. We decided to go to Watson's Greenhouse and Vassey's Nursery, both in or near Puyallup, because both have great plants and fun gift shops. And Watson's has a cafe for lunch.


 I bought some of these pretty primroses for my pots on the front porch. 
After studying all of the shrubs outside we went inside to look over the indoor plants and the gift shop before having lunch in the cafe. 
 There were lots of cute bunnies. 

After a leisurely lunch we drove over to Vassey's Nursery and studied all of the shrubs there too. 

There's just something about big fat buds, such a promise of things to come. 


Tomorrow we march into March. Many of you are still deep into winter, but spring is looming. I thought I'd bring just a touch of it to you today on this last day of February. 

14 comments:

  1. It sure looks like spring! Those Primroses are awesome, love the pink:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When spring comes you have to be ready for action. So get your research and shopping done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a great post. I loved looking at all the beautiful flowers. We're having Spring-like weather here right now, but without all the pretty flowers so I'm still longing for spring even though it's already warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved looking at all these pretty flowers. Susan is in awe of the perky primroses we’re seeing when we are out and about. They don’t last long in Texas. They’re such happy flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's just nothing like a visit to a nursery ( or two) to lift wet wintery spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful photos. I never met a primrose I didn't like; there are a couple in my garden that made it through the winter. The white orchid looks like the one I bought a month ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Much needed explosion of color! Thank you, Linda! My roses are begging to prune them, but I hope they can wait till a warmer day...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I've been to Watson's recently too, but not Vassey. I should go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so looking forward to spring! I love to accompany you on your visits to nurseries. The colors in several of your pictures are smile worthy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. fun to think of spring and blooms, we don't have snow but cooler weather and possibly rain today...

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many gorgeous plants to choose from. The primroses are definitely meant to add a pop of color to your yard. I really like them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's always a pleasure to visit Vassey and Watson's! It's funny that you, Alison, and I all posted about them today and saw different things. I'm definitely ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always find the best nurseries! I love seeing blooms and colors in what is our "off season" so your posts are always great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for spring! There are so many beautiful things to plant. What fun!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.