Saturday, January 5, 2019

Done

I think we have found everything. It seems like there is always one little something left over from the Christmas decorating that doesn't get found and put into the tubs, but I think this year we've got it!

The bins are stuffed full of Santas and ornaments and all of the rest of the trappings of the holiday season, and now the bins are stuffed back into the attic. The trees are back in their boxes.

Everything is back where it was pre-holiday.
 It seems a bit bare and colorless, but it feels good to have that job done and to have things a bit more simplified, as much as the house of two collectors can be. 
 Tom took advantage of a dry day to get the house lights down before we get ice, snow, or just more rain. 
 The wreath will stay up, probably until Valentine's Day, and the porch pots will stay stuffed with greenery until it's time to plant primroses. 
We'll also leave the ground level lights for a while yet. I'm not quite ready for the blackness of the long winter nights ahead.
And now it's almost time for some football. The Seahawks are playing the Cowboys at 5:00 PST in the Wild Card Round of the NFL Playoffs. We'll see if we have football to entertain us a while longer. If not, it's only two months until soccer starts again. :-)

And there's always bird watching from the comfort of my chair. 

11 comments:

  1. As pretty as the Christmas decorations are, it does feel good when the last of it is packed away. Your rooms are beautiful both ways. Glad you are leaving the ground level lights. It looks so pretty there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always a big job to put the decorations away. I only had to put the tree away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first sentence made me chuckle. How many times over the years I have had that very thought! And then I would find some small thing hiding somewhere. This year I only put a wreath on my door so maybe I really can say with confidence, "I got it all." I hope because I have been so scattered lately that my children considering memory care facilities for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well congrats we got some of our decor down-our little tree put away for another year. It does look different but that's life, on to the future...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even lovely and bright homes suffer a bit once the decorations come down. Sorry about the game--at least it was close.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your new header picture. I hope it stays for awhile. Sorry about the loss, but it was, as Patti says, very close. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my week to put my Christmas stuff away. I have mixed feelings about it. The house looks so bare after.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe next week I will put Christmas away. You are correct it seems so colorless without the bright colors of Christmas. We are on vacation for a few more days, we left right after Christmas. There are still many decorations up here where it is warmer, relaxing for sure! Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am with you about not wanting to put away Christmas lights. It makes for some dark winter evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another job well done. Everything looks so tidy and ready to welcome spring in just a couple of months. Happy bird watching.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It made me nervous to see Tom up there on the roof.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.