Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Just a Start

Today I started the long process of undecorating.  Funny, Spell Check doesn't think that's a word - undecorating. But around here, it is a big deal.

I didn't get very far. The first thing I did was toss out the bouquets of pine and holly and other greens and berries. Dried hydrangeas went back in one vase, but since the rain will return tomorrow I wanted to get out and pick some fresh greens from the garden. I knew I wanted to include some sarcococca for fragrance but otherwise just see what I would find. 

The result was unexpected. 
Yes, this is my winter bouquet, looking a lot like spring. Pink from still fresh hydrangea and Abelia,  and purple from Beauty Berry, along with the gold and green of Euonymus and the shiny dark green of Sarcococca. 
I'm not sure it goes with the snowman collection, but I haven't put those away yet.

Oh, I did get the Travel Tree undecorated, the ornaments and lights and all put in the tub, and Tom hauled the tree out. That's one bin done.  

It's a start. 

9 comments:

  1. Starting is the hardest part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bouquets are really lovely. And as you say, you've started the undecorating process already. Yay! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How you create your beautiful bouquets amazes me!
    I'm not undecorating just yet; next week maybe after the grands go back to school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your beautiful bouquet does look very spring like! Since I didn't do much decorating this year, undecorating will be a breeze!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bouquet is gorgeous. Our beauty berry berries never last this long. The birds always eat them. I have undecorated already. I did leave out some snowmen,kugels and heart ornaments. I do this until after Valentines day. Then the rest goes into the attic. It always feels good to get the undecorating finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so enjoy seeing the results of all your decorating. honestly, though, it is always the thought of 'undecorating' that stops me from going all out myself. I did not decorating this year because my condo is disrupted by plumbing issues. I know that makes little sense, but it's the way my mind works so what can i do. I will have my kitchen torn apart soon. Fortunately, I will not be around to witness any of it and I will clean every inch of the place when I get back from Florida in the late spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you are the best bouquet arranger and your garden keeps you supplied. The only bad thing about undecorating (my spell check didn't like that word either) is that normal suddenly looks blah. Bouquets like that help with the transition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still thinking about undecorating but I don't much to do. Think I'll go shopping with Caryn instead...sounds more fun and do the cleaning up on sat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do not wait for the twelfth day, I take them all down on New Year's Day. For some reason the decorations seem sad and depressing sitting around after the holidays. You are a talented bouquet arranger. Wondering if I even have lenten roses in bud?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.