Thursday, May 5, 2022

LOUD and Quiet

Soccer set Seattle buzzing yesterday and today. Last night, Wednesday, the Seattle Sounders MLS soccer team played the Mexican team Pumas, for the North American Club championship, the CCL Cup, and won!

CCL stands for the CONCACAF Conference League, which is made up of North America, Central America, and the Caribbean.   Winning means Seattle will represent this league in the Club World Cup later this year. Note: this is not the same as the National Team World Cup. 



When I say "buzzing", that continued today, the day after, but at the time "roaring' would be more descriptive. With 68,741 fans in attendance, many supporting the Mexican team, it was loud, and when Seattle scored their three goals, we - yes I was there - set of the earthquake seismographs. 

It was fun and exciting, and exhausting.

Today we spent most of the day with my sister Laurie in Chehalis, where we traveled down I-5 in the rain to deliver a van full of plants from Tom's greenhouse to contribute to her garden club's plant sale next week. We visited several nurseries, under cover to protect us from the constant rain, were treated to a lunch Laurie prepared, and  before we drove back home, there was berry pie and good conversation. It was a quiet day, and we needed it. 

Now we head into a busy weekend and a busy week, but it will all be calmer that Thursday night!

8 comments:

  1. The stands look packed. Both the noise and the quiet sound like fun. I would enjoy both, but I need at least a 1:4 ratio of noise to quiet to recover from a jacked up nervous system. Enjoy your quiet time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of people! How nice of you and Tom to donate plants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news. I saw they had won but didn't realize the importace of the game. That had to have been exciting if noisy. Glad you had such a nice visit with you sister to kind of unwind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good grief! I've never seen so many people in one place. A van load of plants from Tom's greenhouse! Sure would love to be at that plant sale. Berry pie sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to Seattle! I can't imagine attending a game like that. I miss going to games.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That many fans can make a bit of noise!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soccer isn't such a big think in K.C. Glad you had a nice trip and visit. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.