Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Checking It Off

 

                                                        Hellebore in my garden.

We got our furnace fixed this morning. It got pretty cold in the house, I piled on layers, but I'm still not sufficiently warmed up. We are glad to have it working though because the temperature will dip below freezing tonight and for the next several nights and the daytime temps will not get above the mid 30's. That probably sounds balmy to some of you across the country though.

I had a phone appointment this morning with a nurse at the my orthopedic hospital, getting some things checked off before my hip surgery in a few weeks. That got me to thinking about all the stuff I need to have ready at home. It will soon be time to get the walker out of the attic. I'm making lists of other things. And I need to hear back from my cardiologist. I think I was supposed to have an EKG and that didn't happen yet. 


Our winter blooming Mahonia finally bloomed. I hope the hummingbirds find it. They will need extra nourishment during the cold. 

I finished another quilt block and have the next one planned. I am not speedy at this and just work at it for little bits at a time. 


A new blogger, Daisy in the Garden, showed up in my comments today. She gardens in England! I think I will enjoy following her. 

Now that the garage has been closed up for a while and the cold air is no longer blowing through, it's time to brave the cold and get warmed up on my stationary bike. Staying as fit as possible is on my checklist. 

7 comments:

  1. Good to get your plans lined up! Put your name on your walker and take it to the hospital on the day the Physical Therapist works with you. They'll make sure it's adjusted correctly or make any modifications to the walker. LOVE that quilt block result. And I didn't know any flowers bloomed in the winter. Hope the birdies find it. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt block has a translucent look to it. Super nice! Hope all goes well in the next few weeks and your weather warms up quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phone appts seem to be much more common. I hope everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seemed so far in the future, but now it's just a few weeks away. I know you will be happy when it's done and you have recovered. I'm feeling cold, too. It's in the teens outside with 20-mph wind. Brrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As an outside temperature, I would consider mid-30's to be balmy. Not so, for the indoors. That's darn chilly! I'm glad the furnace was repaired before the cold snap arrives.
    Good luck with your appointments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the hip surgery. I am glad ou got your furnace fixed. Your weather sounds so unpleasant. Lucky I live in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you got your furnace fixed, When the house is cold that cold just seeps into your bones. Seems like it is a winter for furnace repairs for a number of bloggers:(

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.