Friday, February 24, 2023

Going Green


 Away with the pink and red hearts. It's time for GREEN. And gold.  I bought some new flowers at the grocery store this morning. I swapped out the placemats.


That's close to Sounders green. 
Photo from a year ago

I wore a Sounders sweatshirt to breakfast this morning. The MLS soccer season starts this weekend. The Sounders will be playing at home on Sunday. By then it should warm up to 40 degrees. Tom will be going but not me. I did not renew my tickets this season since getting around is just too hard now. Jill and I each had two season tickets, but now mine are gone and Tom and Jill will be going together. Change happens. 

More green. The lawn is starting to grow, or at least it will be again when it warms up a bit. We are hoping that we don't get snow as the temperature rises and moisture comes in from the Pacific. 

We got the furnace fixed this week, and then I got my income taxes filed, after tracking down some missing 1099-R forms. The good news is the tax refund will cover the cost of the furnace. At least we are in the green on that. The property tax bill that came last week is another matter.

Tomorrow we will get together to celebrate Jill's 50th birthday. Her birthday is March 4th, but she will be in Hawaii then on a scuba diving trip. She's as adventurous as ever. Having a 50 year old daughter is a bit of a shock though. 

The sun is still shining, the sky is blue, and the grass is green, pretty enough to be outside, if you bundle up. Maybe I'll do that now. It's time to make the trip out to the mailbox. 

Stay warm, those of you in the snowy north lands. 

10 comments:

  1. 50 that is a great age! Our oldest daughter was 50 last April. It is kinda a shock. It is fun to see your green! No green here:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pretty green! And congratulations to Jill on having a big birthday. You too, Mom. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reason says that some things have to stop. However, I'm amazed at how much you get done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter is also nearing 50. How can that be? Happy birthday to Jill! Wow! She's going to be in Hawaii? Where is she going scuba diving? My son and daughter in law did the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The green and gold is lovely. A shame that you're not able to go to the Sounder games - I hope they are televised. Sometimes our local football team games are blacked out. I guess to encourage people to attend.
    Happy Birthday to Jill! I hope she has a wonder trip in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope our weather in Hawaii is good for Jill. Not too hot, not too windy, not too cold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First Happy Birthday to Jill! We had a very nice Birthday evening with our daughter, she and her husband are going on vacations in Costa Rica at the end of the coming week. Your place mats are matching well with the flowers. You are going to be busy with your coming surgery I hope it won’t be too painful.
    Glad your furnace has been repaired and that the refund tax was enough to pay the bill.
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, change happens. So glad you are being proactive and realistic about your limitations. Love your green and gold. Very pretty. Hope the weather in Hawaii improves for Jill. It's been extremely windy here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure the 5 oh will be celebrated in grand style. Change does indeed happen and good for you to always seeming to make the best of it. Here's hoping the Sounders are off the a great season!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am grateful to the author for hard work and dedication to create content that is both informative and entertaining.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.