I can still only post one, or none, photos. When I have more time and more inclination I'll will look into it again.
In the meantime the lilies are almost done but the Canna in large pots on the patio are blooming. I love the bright colors.
Work in the garden has slowed down now that the big jobs are done for a while. Late summer/fall clean up will be the next big job.
The weather has been mild, high's in the upper 70's with fog or clouds in the mornings. Lovely. Wild fires are still burning but the fires attacking cities are under control for now, after devastating damage was done. Our wild fire season lasts well into September so danger still lurks as our draught continues. Rain, if it comes, is usually in the mountains, accompanied by lightning. Not good.
Tom and I are enjoying more leisure, while I am still trying to get in enough exercise to keep me moving. This morning we went to the Des Moines Waterfront Farmer's Market, our first of the season. Corn on the cob and green beans were on my list, and then a stop at the bakery stall for almond croissants. Then we walked along the marina dock to the Quarter Deck for coffee to have with our croissants and enjoyed the mild late morning air and al fresco "dining". Now that we are back home, lunch is being skipped, When I wrap up this post I'm heading for the patio with the newspaper. I'll skim much of the news, read a few complete articles, and work the puzzles.
The Seahawks play a preseason game at 5:00 today, we have an open garden to attend tomorrow morning, and the Sounders resume league play at 7:30 Sunday. There are appointments next week. That's more than enough to keep us busy.
Now I would close with a photo, but I can't. My creative outlet is thwarted. But I'll make my face smile. That helps.
It sounds like you had a lovely late summer morning. We did too. Isn't being retired great!!
ReplyDeleteI wish computers and cell phones were easier to understand. Your mental tour of the garden was lovely. Hope you find your multiple photos switch. Linda in Kansas
ReplyDelete