Wednesday, August 26, 2026

 

Flowers from the garden that I picked Monday after getting the house work and laundry done. Confession: Tom does most of the house work these days. I do the laundry, and the dusting, now and then. 

The zinnias are somewhat scarce, as are the asters, but we have French marigolds in abundance.

Monday was busy. Tuesday was hot. We had our Zoom meet up, then I did 6 miles on the stationary bike in the garage where it was still cool enough. Tom worked outside for a while, as heat doesn't bother him as much. Then there was reading on the patio, where I am thoroughly enjoying the border of impatiens and plectranthus on the patio edge.




In the evening we watched Mariners Baseball, along with Tom's tablet and my laptop on our laps. Baseball can be kind of boring so we need distractions. The Mariners won and we switched to two series we are watching, "Outer Banks" and "Anna Pigeon". 

Today we had a cool morning. Yay! I wanted to work outside. After my PT exercises I spent 2.5 hours outside. I clipped all the the lavender along the driveway, cut back the spent lily stalks, and did some other deadheading. Then I was tired.

This afternoon I am taking it easy. I had a long lunch with the newspaper. News is disheartening these days. Rest in Peace, Dolly. Now I an entertaining myself by blogging. It may, or may not, be entertaining to my readers. :-/

 It's time to go sit in my recliner and play Wordle and Connections. My Kindle will also be nearby.

Dinner is spaghetti, Zucchini, and salad. Not too complicated. 


8 comments:

  1. Wasn't it lovely to have a cooler day today and the promise of more of the same!!!
    I must get Youngest Son to cut back the lavender. Bending over is not an option for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your impatience are lovely! I have a single container and they are going strong, while other flowers are starting to look beaten up by the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good life, for sure. I hope your health improves so you can keep up with Tom. My doctor always scolds me and says that I keep searching for the magic bullet. I hope to find it and show him one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly have a variety of aCTIVitiES TO KEEP YOU BUSY. iT'S GOOD FOR Us old folks to be busy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good day to me. If I do any kind of outside work here it has to be first thing in the morning. It is so hot and humid. We are still in a drought. Next week every day in the 90s and no rain. Terrible forecast!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Linda your garden is beautiful compared to ours all burnt by the heat!
    The grass is starting to grow green again but now we have lots of rain and thunderstorms!
    What a weather! We will be going on holidays on the 18 th and we bought new books to read in case of bad weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! We always do WORDLE and Connections too. We exchange our results with the kids in Africa and Chicago every day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty flowers on your table! Dolly was kind to everyone.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.