Sunday, August 23, 2026

Late Summer Flowers

 

A lot of late summer flowers have autumnal tones, like the Sunflowers in our garden.

This Saturday, after a field trip with our garden club and lunch together, Tom and I stopped at a nursery nearby that we like to visit.

The Rudbeckia (Black-eyed Susans) and Echinacea (Coneflowers) were putting on a show.

Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between the two species, what with all of the new hybrids. Now that I am away from the tags, I think the photo above is Rudbeckia. The photo below looks like some of each.

And these, with their prominent center cones, are Echinacea.  


They are all beautiful, and the bees were loving them. 

Here it is another Sunday in August fading away. I had time today for all of my physical therapy, a mile walk at the park, and a visit with daughter Jill, who had just finished a scuba dive session this morning and is about to go on another one. She saw cool things, like a very GIANT Giant Pacific Octopus, Dog fish, which are little sharks, and rat fish. 

We heard all about her trip this last week with daughter Irene and Aunt Jan to the San Juan Islands the four days. She is making the most of her last days of freedom. She starts back to work at the school district admin office tomorrow -Monday. 

I spent a lot of time with the Sunday newspaper over lunch and did a little snipping in the garden. It's just about time for Seahawks football, which I'll sort of watch while I play my online games. There will be supper, but it will be simple. 

Enjoy every day, even the house work and laundry ones. I'll try to do the same. 

8 comments:

  1. Plants are definitely slowing down. With the drought we've had, plants are stressed seem to be going dormant earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda's divine sunflowers are like one big sun that shines on all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those late-summer blooms sound gorgeous! I love how Rudbeckia and Echinacea bring such warm, autumnal colors to the garden. A nursery visit after lunch sounds like the perfect relaxing day.

    Ready to refresh your home? Check out nearby summer furniture deals and save up to 50% today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glorious summer flowers! Echinacea is a great healing herb and pretty to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful flowers!! Jill finds such adventurous things to do!! I'm always amazed by her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flowers are so pretty, and they do look like Fall. Coneflowers and Black-eyed Susans are some of my favorites. I love to hear about the adventures of Jill. :) That would make a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great photos of beautiful flowers. It’s hot here in Chicago right now too.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.