Saturday, August 28, 2010

What's New?

Nothing much. There is a reason they call these the dog days of summer. We spent some time working in the yard this morning. But my garden is beginning to look tired, just like I feel. This is not the time of year when I am inspired to work very hard. I did find some fresh spots in the yard, and used one for my new header. You can always count on impatiens to keep on performing here throughout the late summer and into fall. Tom did install a new shower door in our master bathroom this week. After 32 years of service, the sliders on the old one were corroded and threatening to derail. We ordered a new one through Home Depot, and Tom got the old one out and the new one in without much trouble. He's good about reading the directions. It looks good and works great.
After a couple of days, he's almost recovered from the hurting from the bending and stooping.
-
It's back to school time for many of my friends and family. After five years of retirement, I don't miss it at all, and am overjoyed that my summer can continue into September.
-
And now I'm returning to my murder mystery book until it is time to gear up for a Sounders match at Qwest Field tonight.
Sounders 2, Chicago 1

13 comments:

  1. Your post reminds me to have our shower door replaced. It's really corroded and moldy and just plain unsightly! We'll probably hire a company to do it, though, as it looks too complicated for David to do himself.

    Love your new header.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your Sounders treat you well, at the very least keep you entertained! What a great new shower you've got to look forward to, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's nice when the summer yard work is over. we ignored our yard since we pay hoa dues to have it maintained. discovered some peaches and grapes that had matured and were ready to eat. Nice surprise. Relax and enjoy your dog days..

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're letting the yard relax a little, but the vegetable garden is hard to keep up with. On the counter I have beans, celery and three types of squash waiting for me to do something with them.

    Congrats on your new bathroom amenity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice is it that Tom is so handy! I love getting new things like shower doors...
    My friends are all back in school now, too. The kids return on Monday. Fifteen of us retirees will meet for b-fast to wish them all a good year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We need to replace our shower doors also. You've inspired me to get cracking on those after seeing the photos. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    An English Girl Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish I were retired. I'm back at school. Let the stress begin! (Actually, it already has.) *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  8. You blog had a nice relaxed feel about it Linda. Glad you can start to relax at last. Tell Tom Well Done! for his efforts on the shower door. - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  9. I seem to be deep into the dog days of summer, too. The forecast calls for temps in the 80's and 90's this coming week. I'm so glad I won't be in a hot, stuffy classroom with students who don't want to be there. The shower door looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the towel bar
    it has such clean lines and looks so sturdy at the same time

    well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It does look good...my hubby would have such a hard time with that....

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so fortunate to have a partner who can do almost anything given a set of directions. Give that man a hug!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The new shower door looks really wonderful! Good for Tom!

    I did notice the impatiens on your header and loved it. I used to love planting it in Illinois because I had so many shady spots.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.