Monday, May 23, 2011

Open Gardens in Northeast Seattle

Unlike the previous posts, these garden photos are from small, private, city gardens.  They are members of the Northwest Perennial Alliance, a gardening organization of which we are members.  Each spring we get the 'yellow book', listing members gardens that are open on any given weekend. 

While we have had our garden open for a number of years, we chose not to this year.  But we love to tour the gardens of others. Each is different, reflecting the style of the gardener/owner.


This garden, in the Mt Baker district, as peek-a-boo views of Lake Washington.



The second gardener loves to add fun touches, especially recycled bowling balls.  Her color palette coordinates with her house.
I do love a sense of humor in the garden.

 Yes, we often find cookies!  These were chocolate chip!

Eclectic is the word for this next garden.  But then the gardener is a gay guy, and they always have fun gardens.






 Around the corner we found this great little pocket park.


These gardeners are not rich or pretentious.  They just love plants.  Here's the next one.




 And the final one.




It was cloudy and cold, but visiting with other garden lovers along the way added warmth to the day.

5 comments:

  1. We also like garden tours very much and have done them in Charleston, SC and a few locally. The gardens you visited are spectacular! And, yes, that one is quite eclectic and whimsical -- loved all the hose nozzles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them! Wish I had known about this...I would have been there too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how luscious, your photo closeup of the red bloom is just wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never visit gardens, as you can tell from my blog. But, I do still enjoy your photos of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if I will ever have a garden half as beautiful as some of these and of course your garden Linda...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.