Sunday, May 29, 2011

Getting Ready

Much of our Friday and Saturday  have been occupied with getting ready for coming events.

First, a week from today Jill and Isaac and Irene arrive for their annual three week June visit.  That means the garden shed has to be converted back into a playhouse.  This year it was an extra big job, since rats had moved in last winter and we had quite a mess to fix. 

But now it's all cleaned up, has some new flooring, and is ready for the move in.
Saturday morning I moved in the furnishings and embellishments.
Now I just have to buy some new Play Dough.

Saturday afternoon we were off to a fellow Sounders supporter's house to work on the next round of tifo.  We traced out lettering and painted banners and flags.  This is just a sample.  After all, I can't give away secrets.  You might tell!
This project will not be on such a grand scale as the last one, thank goodness.  We're preparing for the next round of the Cascadia Cup, this time with Vancouver, BC, on June 11th.  We don't hate them quite so much. :-)

12 comments:

  1. cute playhouse! I never get tired of looking at it. Your grandkids have enjoyed it in the past and they will enjoy it again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandkids must love coming to your house, especially with that great play house. I wouldn't mind that myself. Beautiful job you did on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lots of fun activities with family planned...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice little playhouse. I am sure is loved and is bound to be a "forever" memory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is wonderful! I am imagining the adventures your grandchildren will have in that playhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new header of the flower..just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys are the BEST grandparents and the BEST fans around!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how I would LOVE to be a kid and play in that playhouse. Your grands are very lucky to have you as grandparents. Thanks for taking the time and effort to leave that beautiful comment on my Sunday post, Linda. "Anonymous" is one way people seem to be able to comment when Blogger fails.

    ReplyDelete
  9. From garden shed to playhouse---perfect. You guys are great grandparents. MB

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how neat the playhouse is and how they will remember their fun times always...

    ReplyDelete
  11. GO TIMBERS! :)

    sgsmith from Portland

    ReplyDelete
  12. A perfect playhouse!!

    And I'd NEVER tell! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.