Sunday, July 28, 2013

It's Packing Day

Our flight for Philadelphia leaves Sea-Tac at 6:40 AM tomorrow morning.  

We will be attending a family wedding in Stroudsburg, PA next Saturday, and before and after that we will be traveling in Pennsylvania and Ohio, tracing Tom's roots.  I'll be photographing and taking notes as we explore courthouse and library and historical society records, and try to locate cemeteries and homesteads.  There might be time for a little sightseeing too.

So today we will pack.  The laundry is done and clothing is ready.  The electronics and photography gear are getting organized.  Boy, traveling light depends on the size of your gear anymore:  laptop, tablet, Kindle, small camera, big Nikon, cell phones, and all the chargers and batteries and connecting cables.

Our day will be punctuated with soccer though.  We'll be watching the US Men's National Team play for the Gold cup on TV at 1:00, and then we have a Sounders Match at the stadium tonight at 8:00.  There won't be much sleep tonight, with a 4:45 arrival at the airport.  Good thing we live just a short taxi ride away.

I hope to blog as we go, and I'l try to check up on you all now and then as we all continue to enjoy summer.

9 comments:

  1. Bon voyage, Linda! I look forward to reading your posts and seeing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip. And we expect many pictures of the lovely Pennsylvania landscape.
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun I love family history trips. I have ancestors from Ohio too-Knox and Williams county Johnson from Vermont originally. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about all the electronics and their attachments! I hope you have a great time while we continue to enjoy our amazingly beautiful area. Heading into the mountains today, and I'll wave to you if I see a plane overhead! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a safe trip and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun and enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to the account of your trip. Life isn't simple anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a safe and wonderful trip and don't forget anything important.
    Take lots of pictures

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad to see you are having such a great time and taking us along as well. We really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.