Monday, November 4, 2013

A Pretty Mess

 Autumn's beauty is fleeting, and after Saturday's windstorm, most of that beauty is on the ground.



Soon all of the bright colors will be gone.

Two weeks ago the front yard looked like this. ↑
Today it looks like this. ↓

 On the patio, the cedar tree has shed its old needles.  Its ever-green will be appreciated through the winter. 

It was a good Monday.  Tom and I cleaned house, got the laundry caught up,  and did a little clean up outside this morning.  We both fell asleep for a bit after lunch when we finally sat down long enough.

Tom took off to go over to Jill's house to let in the hot tub repairman and to help transfer vehicles.  Gus the Bus, the old family VW camper van, needs to get settled in his new home.

I went for a walk.

It took me a bit longer than usual to get my 3.5 miles, because I was a little slow getting going, but mostly because I kept getting out my iPhone to take photos. 

It was a pretty mess over at the park too.
 The trees on the Safeway lot were still showing glorious color.
 The tones in the park are muted now.




 The wind brought down snags ready to fall.  There will be a big clean up job here for the Parks Dept.






The lawn won't need to be raked though.  The wind swept it clean.

 It will be a while now before we see this kind of color again, but it was wonderful while it lasted.

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Linda. You captured these last days of color so very well. I was out snapping pictures this morning, too, on my way to the bus. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our color is mostly gone now. We have had a few snow flurries. This morning's temperature was 20 degrees. Too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fall is gone too soon just like spring my other favorite season! great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was some kind of wind! I hope you didn't get any damage. Soon the beauty of colorful fall will have fallen. Soon everything will be picked up and our gardens will be ready for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I loved that photo of the Ginko leaves!

    I also enjoyed the red trail:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely environment, I say. The PNW is so incredibly different from Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shots, Linda. I love the leaves on the ground. I love the gold of the Ginkgo biloba---like liquid gold when on the ground. You took some lovely shots. MB

    ReplyDelete
  8. At least you had some gorgeous color till the winds came. The winds here defrocked our trees also cutting peak season short.
    However, like you, it blew my leaves somewhere else. Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely colors of fall! Trees are just starting to turn down here. You've done a fine job of capturing the many colors of turning leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that wind really did some damage. I think I was in part of the country at just the right time. True, it was all so beautiful while it lasted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gracious! You do have the most beautiful "messes" around!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.