Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Giving Thanks

Right now I'm giving thanks for a productive day.  We are just about ready for tomorrow's Thanksgiving dinner and family gathering.

The house is clean.  The yard is clean. The turkey is ready to go into the cooled brine.  All of the ingredients for the stuffing are cooked and cooling, ready to be combined and refrigerated over night. Jill is finished with conferences and checked in to make the cranberry sauce.  My berry pie is baked. 
My sister-in law is in charge of the pumpkin pie and she has been practicing.

The table is set.
Tom has his equipment assembled to cook the turkey on the charcoal grill with applewood smoke.  Now he is napping in his recliner.

The weather is still mild and mostly sunny and will hold at least through Thanksgiving day.

No one is coming over the river and through the wood to Grandmother's house, although several will cross over the Narrows of Puget Sound and several others will cross over the Lake Washington Ship Canal so bridges are involved, but no snow, no ice, no sleigh, and for tomorrow,  not grandmother's house.

We will all have issues that need to be dealt with in our daily lives, but tomorrow we will all have much to be grateful for as well.  We can all count our blessings.

Happy Thanksgiving to my blog family.  May your blessings outweigh all else and may you have a day filled with love.


14 comments:

  1. You are ready for a beautiful day and one that I have no doubt will be filled with love, Linda!! Thanks for sharing the beauty of your life and family with us!! Enjoy!!!
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table looks like something out of a magazine. It is perfect! The pie is perfect too. I think it is so important to celebrate each other in a lovely setting. I know that those of you who gather will certainly enjoy the time and the day. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, and of Jill.

    We will be going to my step-daughter's house. My husband's children, his former wife, and my husband and I will be there. My daughter and her children will meet us there. I am grateful that at least one of my children and two of my grandchildren will be there. I had hoped that more could come, but we too have the parceling out children going between houses this year. That is our reality. It also is a day filled with love and gratitude, just as you said.

    Happy Thanksgiving, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your table is beautiful

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and all your family Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just showed Art your table and he said, "Holey moley! I'd live to be invited to that house for Thanksgiving." Art bakes the pumpkin pie at our house, and he was really impressed with your pie. It is a work of art, Linda. Wow! From our house to yours, we wish all of you a most wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so grateful to my blogging family, too. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Linda. I LOVE that pie picture. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy looking pie! AND your table looks beautiful you are very organized! Happy Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You set a beautiful table, and it doesn't look like you will be lacking for company. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you are ready for a great celebration. I hope you have a wonderful day today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful table! Wishing you and yours the most grateful of holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely table setting, Linda. I am glad you had a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are safely home from a busy two days up north with family, photos coming tomorrow. Thankful for safe journeys and beautiful weather-it's 50 degrees and sunny today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Thanksgiving to you and all your family!
    Gorgeous table setting!

    PS: I found you through our friend Tabor.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Divorce makes holidays complicated as I lived with for many years... Happy Thanksgiving....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your table and pie look gorgeous! I hope your turkey day was wonderful. Ours was very nice and had more family than ever. What a treat to be in a house so full of love.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.