Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sunday Brunch

We finally got around to using the free Sunday brunch tickets to Ivar's Salmon House.
 They we a reward for the commitment of making a monthly donation to Treehouse for foster kids that I made last December.  
 Here's how my first trip to the buffet looked. ↓ There were more.

Tom had a lot more seafood than I did.  I'm sure I had more calories.  

The view was great and the water traffic was entertaining.



 The last trip was to the dessert bar.  It took me a long time to work my way through this plate, but I managed.
Of course I had a stomach ache from my gluttony, and I needed to walk a bit of it off right away so we went down to the lake/canal front before going back to the car.









 Under the I-5 bridge.
 Child's mosaics in the sidewalk.



 This old willow is quite the survivor.
After some moving around I felt a little better.  He headed home, but made a stop at the SODO Home Depot for shelving for the kid's new rooms, since they were out of it at our local store.  

We finally got home about 2:45, just in time to catch the last few minutes of the Seahawks game, where they were winners again.  Seattle is very much a football town right now.  We had been keeping up with the game at the restaurant, where there was cheering coming from the bar area. 

We spent the rest of the day working at Jill's house.  I did get away for my 3.5 mile walk, which I REALLY needed, around Jill's new neighborhood.

It is now 6:30 in the evening, we are back home, and I think I will find a little fruit and yogurt to have for my supper.  I haven't eaten since brunch and I do believe I am finally hungry.

Tomorrow - back to counting calories! 
( All photos take with my iPhone 5c )

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a great day! That food... it sure does look good, even if a bit calorific. I am still using my app and since I didn't exercise today, I didn't get much extra on my plate. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I could enjoy a brunch like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that plate of dessert looks quite scrumptious! I could cope with that. A little gluttony once in a while can't hurt, right? As long as you're not eating like that every day, or even every weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful time you had on Sunday. Great food and beautiful scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so active, I think it would be only fair that you get to eat exactly what you want any time. To bad we do not live in a world based entirely on fairness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great place to eat. I would have enjoyed watching all the traffic on the water:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good thing you are so active. That meal would have done me in. I can eat all day, not just much at one sitting.
    That water traffic really was interesting.
    I could kind of relate to that old willow:))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I salute your perseverance in eating all of those desserts! It's a tough job but someone has to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those iphones do quite nice don't they. Well you had a good and 'filling' time on a gray day.
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous photos, Linda but I confess the one of all those delectable offerings on your plates are still swimming in my mind. I think I need to go for a walk after just looking at them. YUM!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.