Thursday, December 5, 2013

Oh Christmas Tree

Every year I say I will not buy more ornaments, and every year I do.  

I think the tree has reached its load limit.
It took me a long time to get all of the ornaments on today, and I had such fun unwrapping each one and remembering when they were purchased or given or made and why they are significant.  So many memories are represented here and so many events are celebrated.

We may not have gifts under this tree this year.  With Jill and the kids in their home finally, Christmas morning will be at their house, as it should be.  But I'll enjoy our tree each day of the holiday season, Josy will sleep under it, and the Winnie-the-Pooh characters my mother-in-law made for our kids when they were little will keep the space filled with love.


9 comments:

  1. THat is a beautiful tree. If you buy any more ornaments you will have to start putting up a second tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's beautiful! And filled with love, memories of times past, and even a bit of the future. Wonderful! :-)

    Thank you so much for sharing this with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree is so beautiful and full of love that nobody would notice there aren't any presents. It's full from top to bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun, we have a little tree but no presents under it. Did buy a real Christmas wreath for the door and it will last awhile as our temperatures are near freezing. Winter has come to the high deserts of Utah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty tree, Linda. I wish I could hang a real wreath on my front door, but it would be stolen in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you SURE there is a tree in there? Truly you have filled every available space and made it look beautiful instead of cluttered!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so pretty. I am like that too. I remember when my kids were little and when my ex and I hand-painted the little plaster ornaments in 1978, etc.

    I put up a little tree in the classroom yesterday and it looks and smells so good!

    Hugs,
    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and meaningful, a perfect tree. It's great to keep buying ornaments, you'll just need a larger tree.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and meaningful, a perfect tree. It's great to keep buying ornaments, you'll just need a larger tree.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.