Sunday, June 2, 2019

More June Abundance

If you sit on the patio, which I do frequently, you see the upper yard, with it's walls and rose bed and borders, and of course, the special patio plants as well.
 Self-sown violas are too pretty to pluck out, so when Tom wanted to clean out the seams between the pavers, which are there to provide water and air to the cedar tree roots, I said "Wait". 




The bed where the tulips provided a riot of color in April is now planted with annuals, most of which Tom grew from seed. 
 We'll begin by the shed, where the Edelweiss has just come into bloom in the gravel.  
Where there used to be a green hedge, there is now a wooden fence, as the new construction houses next door enter the completion stages. 
 It's time for columbine and fox glove, both of which plant themselves where they want to. 




 The chickadee residents have fledged and flown from the bird house. 
 Tom's bonsai, which he created over many years. 
 There will soon be an abundance of roses. 

 The oriental poppy popped. We used to have more. I think I need to encourage them. 

 We have a few iris, but lack of full sun makes them lanky and tippy. 
 The view from the story chair, another place for a sit down to survey the realm. 
 The back border, under the tall fit trees, is mostly shades of green. 


 The wall separating the upper lawn from the lower has an untamed look. 


 Espaliered fruit trees form a visual barrier on the back property line in the lower yard. 
The water supply is near the raised beds. They aren't very photogenic yet so that will come in a later post. 
We visited a garden this Sunday morning, so there will most likely be photos, but not until I finish my own garden tour. 
In the meantime, I intend to follow the motto on the sign above, and since it has now reached 73 degrees on this Sunday afternoon, I think I need to go sit outside. 

13 comments:

  1. just gorgeous, i can feel the coolness as we head to 90 degrees here and higher-summer is coming fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the variety and color - green being one of my favorites. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing the overall shots of your garden. There is so much going on now. Will the wooden fence be permanent? I wish Foxgloves would seed around my garden. They don't like the heat here. They never last long. I have tried them several times. Seeing yours makes me want to try again. Tom's bonsai are very nice. I like the display area for them. Happy June.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With that garden show I go sit outside too. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very beautiful! I love your gardens, LInda, and Tom's bonsai trees, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the johnny-jump-ups that grow between your pavers. I usually have at least some pop up but so far I haven't spotted any.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is all so incredibly amazing, Linda. You even have Edelweiss? Wow! I've never seen those in a garden. I don't think they even showed it on Sound of Music. They are so pretty. I can see why they wrote a song about it

    ReplyDelete
  8. You deserve eating chocolate while sitting amongst those plantings. Take the time to fully enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the little violas that self seeded in your patio. So sweet. Everything is looking great in your garden as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely. I would be so happy to live next door and do my morning walk through your yard!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved those volunteer violas and am glad you left them. They really add to the patio.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.