Saturday, June 1, 2019

June is Busting Out All Over

We've been ticking off the lists around here and things are looking spiffy. 
We got the trimming of the plants on the driveway wall done. 
 I ran the hedge trimmer and Tom got up on top the wall and did the weeding. We can only hope that new neighbors will keep their weeds knocked down now. 
Tom scrubbed the deck and the deck furniture. It looks great. 
This morning I got the old freezer out in the garage defrosted and cleaned out, a once a year, end of the school year job. 

We have weeded and mowed and edged and trimmed, and once in a while we take time to sit and survey our kingdom. This morning, after finishing my exercises and the freezer, and before the sun broke through, I took my camera out to the garden to see how it all looks through the camera eye. I took so many photos that I will have to break this up into several posts.

Let's start with how it looks to sit here, in the middle the that island bed in the top picture. 
 Surrounded by abundance. 





Walking around that same bed, and the surroundings in the lower yard. 










We are having glorious weather, perfectly suited to us Pacific North-westerners: cool nights and mornings, warm, sunny afternoons, temps reaching the mid 70's, warm evenings. 

May is so beautiful, but Ah! June!

10 comments:

  1. So incredibly beautiful, Linda. You are surrounded by it, but you and Tom certainly work to make it that way. What a fine job you two have done in making a paradise in your living area. Thank you for sharing it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all looking great! And our weather has been awesome too. Although we did go buy a free standing A/C yesterday because there are 3 months or more ahead when it could get really uncomfortable in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We should sit more often and watch things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always amazed at how rich and full your plantings are. I see something new in each and every photo. You and Tom obviously work diligently to keep it all looking so pristine. I am glad to hear you sit down and enjoy it from time to time. Your deserve lots of sitting time. I am also glad to read that you take lots of photos. I took 200+ yesterday. ha.. I try to take pictures at the beginning of each month of every flower bed. It is fun to look back to see what was happening when.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my. Your yard could play Garden of Eden in a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have an amazing variety of flowers! You should give plant identification classes. I always appreciate it when you identify the flowers and I've increased my flower knowledge by following your blog! Great post, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful and all your work made it that way. Looks like there is a bit of a space between your two walls. Hope nothing ugly grows there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your yard is beautiful! Take a close up of those beautiful orange roses with the dark foliage:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The weather has been wonderful and blooms are everywhere!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.