Saturday, July 18, 2020

I Am At Home

My surgery over, my recovery in progress, I got to to come home mid-day on Friday the 17th. That was my birthday present.
I enjoyed receiving birthday and get well messages via FaceBook and the e-mail. 

At home I found flowers and balloons from Tom, and more flowers from Jill and the grands. I love flowers, but then you already knew that. 



Now it is Saturday morning. I slept well here in my own bed with my partner here beside me to help when I wanted to change position. No alarm bells going off and nurses rushing to see why I was trying to escape if I got out of bed.

The hospital stay was fine - such wonderful nurses and aids, and what a beautiful ethnic rainbow. But I was beginning to feel very much trapped there. 

I had some issues but I think we have overcome them now. The pain is manageable so far with just Tylenol, so I don't plan to use my bottle of oxycodone. 

Recovery from spine surgery is a slow process. and I have to be very careful with movements right now, so I will take it easy.

I used my new toys this morning to get dressed: my grabber, my sock slider, my long handled shoe horn, my new slip on sneakers.  It wasn't a fast process, but I was proud  of my simple achievements. Tom is always on stand -by.

I remain a little groggy at times, so it's time to go find my recliner and park for a while. I'll be seeing you on our friendship net.

Thanks for all of your good thoughts.


20 comments:

  1. Happy birthday and being at home is another reason to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday and you are looking wonderful for just having surgery. So glad you are back home under Tom's watchful eye. Heal quickly Linda and enjoy the new you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday and Welcome Home sweet lady! I'm glad you are home as we are usually more comfortable there and I know Tom is taking great care of you. You look great in the picture! Rest and relax, these days will be behind you before you know it. Sending you all my best healing thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful to see you are already home, and looking good to boot! Love the description of your getting dressed. By yourself at that. Happy birthday and many more to come, Linda. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear that you are home and on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, I feel so ashamed because I did not know you were going in for surgery. You look beautiful in the picture! Well, I'm glad the surgery is over and you are back home. Happy Birthday! You have such a kind loving family, I'm sure you are in good hands, if you should need help. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see some relief on your face that says it's good to be home. All the best for rapid recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear that you're doing well. Your new toys sound like wonderful aids that will help you be independent. Happy Birthday! Rest and get better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe you're on your feet walking even if you have a walking stick. You're doing amazing! I hope you mend quickly. It's great that you have Tom beside you on the adventure ( if one could call it that)
    Happy Birthday!! Let everyone spoil you for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Linda, so glad the surgery went fine and you are back home. That is the best feeling.
    HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY Coming home is the best present.
    All the old bromides: Take it easy---be careful---let others do for you. I could go on but you know that part.
    So glad you have Tom to be there for you.
    Peace
    MaryBeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. so happy to hear you are home and recovery-take your time, be careful and HAPPY BIRTHDAY

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated birthday. So glad to hear you're back at home and doing well. Wishing you a speedy, healthy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You will feel better and better each day. You have done good things to make way for recovery. Have Tom pat you on the back for that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful news! Wishing you a speedy and successful recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so glad that you are mending so well and that there are no complications. Take care. Aloha from Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A belated happy birthday. Welcome home and back on the blog. You look great!... It is always best to be at home to recuperate. Do take care.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wish you a speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday! So glad you got to come home! I have been sending good thoughts your way. Be kind to your recovering body! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad you are doing so well. These are challenging times for medical procedures. How fortunate you are to be able to recover while enjoying your beautiful garden.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.