Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Another North End Garden

Lincoln and Margaret Ferris moved to this brick rambler in another older neighborhood in 2016 and in a short amount of time have transformed it from emptiness to a garden full of beauty. 
Along the street.
Along the driveway.
 This buddleia is such a wonderful color. 


 This is a great place to plant begonias, impatiens, and fuchsias in the shade of the north facing front of the house. 
 It's around the back where you see the big changes from a scruffy, too shaded lawn to this.



 A colorful mix of shrubs line the brick walk way. I suspect it will eventually be crowded and over planted, but it is beautiful now. 

 A second seating, entertaining area. 






 They squeezed in a small vegetable garden, too, on the otherwise unused east side of the house. 


These will be my last Open Garden visits for quite a while now. There are no gardens open on the 4th of July weekend and after that I will be in strict quarantine and then surgical recovery. Maybe I'll be able to go garden touring in late August. 

Like everything else this COVID year, we'll wait and see. 

12 comments:

  1. Very colourful post . Stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Gardens...but you have your own personal gardens to enjoy! Stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have plenty of plants that is for sure. A colorful garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the virtual tour. You have a lot coming up. I will be sending my best healing thoughts, for what that may be worth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! And in only a few years, wow! I've been here for ten years and my front perennial flower bed has yet to fill in. It's coming, but slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always impressed by the many leaf colors and how it's used in landscaping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Butterfly bush is an amazing colour! A lovely garden!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can just imagine how much work it takes to make a garden this beautiful. I loved seeing it, taking me away from my COVID lockdown in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As always, I enjoy your tours. Stay safe and I look forward to a post or two while you are in quarantine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the lovely tour. The finished product like this makes me wonder how it got that way. Did it start out slow and they just keep adding till it becomes such a beauty? However it got going, it is beautiful now and I love the seating areas.
    Enjoy your quarantine as much as possible then have a quick and smooth recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well that is a beautiful garden. When we lived in West Seattle I tried for a look like that, but we had too much clay in the soil. I hope your back surgery goes well for you. My husband has had two, and we hope he's done.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.