Friday, September 25, 2020

Getting Out of the House

 The rains have come. Going for a walk was not promising, as squalls moved in from the Pacific. But I needed a change, a diversion. I needed to GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!

We still had some money on a gift card from Molbak's nursery up north of Seattle. They preferred that visitors make reservations, so the day before we called and reserved for 11:00. That gave us plenty of time for our slow start and getting my physical therapy exercises done.  

We started out with no rain, but by the time we got to Bellevue it was raining hard, which then turned into torrents of rain. Walls of water came at us and hydroplaning was happening under the tires. Tom slowed down and hung on. 

Just as we reached Woodinville and Molbak's, the squall had moved on and the rain stopped. We enjoyed our walk around in the open parts of the nursery and then the covered sections. 





Since the money remaining on the gift card was a gift, we felt we were entitled to a gift. We bought one of these green metal pumpkins. It is now sitting on our hearth, waiting to be joined by our other autumnal decorations. 
I always admire the plant bench arrangements. They'll be clearing out most of this stock to make way for poinsettias soon.


I really liked this green on green chrysanthemum. 





The transition to Christmas stock is beginning. It takes a lot of time and work to set up the stock and displays for their large Christmas shop. 

There were a few fun Halloween items too. 

If you look closely at the photo below you might find a masked lady being reflected. She is not quite a scary witch. 

These felt owls tempted me. 




We spent a little over an hour enjoying Molbak's. I didn't get my miles in, but I at least spent an hour walking about.

Then we went across the street to Panera for  lunch, where tables were spaced and we could dine it. Somehow our order didn't go through, so when an attendant noticed we were still waiting  she got the order going and compensated us with free cookies. I saved mine for dessert.

After lunch at Panera, we stopped next door at Starbucks, where I had a free rewards points beverage coming. I enjoyed my vente non-fat, decaf, extra hot latte with my chocolate chip cookie on the way home. 

It was a fun outing. It was good to get out of the house. 

13 comments:

  1. We made sure to use up our reward and birthday stars recently too. They would have expired otherwise. This is such a lovely outing and having a gift card to buy whatever you wanted was definitely a special bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely place to walk - I bet it smelled wonderful too. Take care and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did spy the masked lady in the mirror!! Nice that the torrential rain stopped in time for you to enjoy the nursery inside and out. Sure looks like a lovely big place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful to see this pretty place. Glad you were able to get out and about! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes we just have to get out. That's why some people find it hard to stay in during the pandemic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A nice outing and I enjoyed a tour through that nursery. The carrots really got my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun place to visit and those owls would have tempted me also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes it is good to get out of the house. We are going on a short drive to zion park tomorrow to see some autumn leaves. it's now 56 in the mornings here but still in the mid 90s in the afternoon and no rain all year! Love the autumn decor and RAIN!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Coneflowers! Good for you to get out! That looks like a fun place to visit! That green mum is just so wrong...my opinion only I do like Bells of Ireland in green!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We get out but avoid people.
    I would so buy that green! It is my favourite colour.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not sure I could browse for 1 hour with my bad knees and hips, but I can see why that nursery is so popular. I love the arrangements of the plants. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Linda Letters. I love how you write. Felt just like I was riding with you and Tom through the rain. Oh, I would love to visit Molbak's. So many pretty things to pick from and those are the cutest Halloween items! Starbucks and a cookie sure sounds good. About the only time I get a Starbucks is when my daughter Andee and I go out shopping. What a treat!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.