Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Hair, and Furry Friend, and Other Stuff

 Betsy Brown Cat is persistent. She craves attention, and really, really wants to be our house cat. But Nope. 

As much as she sits and meows, she is still not coming in. She is getting fed twice a day by us now, though, since I don't think she is going anywhere else any more. 
Some other arrangements might have to be made come winter. I still don't know if she actually belongs to anyone else. The note and twine I tied on her is gone, probably came loose and fell off after about four days. We will probably take her to a vet to she if she is chipped. Other than that, a shelter might be in her future. Anyone want a sweet, cute kitty? 

We walked in the neighborhood park again today where it is shady on much of the trail. We just can't seem to get a very early start around here, and the weather is heating up, even as the leaves start to fall. 

I got a notice to renew my drivers license yesterday, and since it is well passed my birthday, I checked, and sure enough, my license had expired. The DOT has added an extra two months on though, because of COVID,  and I was able to renew on line, so I am a legal driver once again. 

I finally got a haircut yesterday. When I left the shop I thought I was happy, but now I'm not so much. I had some photos on my phone. and wanted this look, with my new longer hair. 


But I got this.


I'm happy that it is shorter in the back than it was, but I didn't really want it this short in the front. 



My long time stylist has not come back to work. I went to another stylist in the same shop. She just kept cutting and cutting and it got shorter and shorter. I couldn't really tell until it was too late. I guess I'll just have the back trimmed next time and grow it out again. 

I have been having a lot of tightness in my shoulders and I really thought I might look into massage therapy. I finally got through the online system with my insurance coverage and found one provider within ten miles of me. Now I have to decide. Do any of you get therapeutic massages? Any advice?  

It's 80 degrees now, time to go sit in my patio rocker in the shade. The cat will probably find my lap. 

16 comments:

  1. I tried deep tissue massage for migraines - but that was out of pocket and did not last very long. Anyway, since I had my female parts removed, my migraines have been next to nil. And the hairstylist - I don't think she knew what she was doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may not have gotten the hair style/cut you wanted but what you did get looks great to me. It suits you.
    That cat sure is determined to be yours. Like you I don't want an indoor cat and outdoor cats belong in the distant past. So we remain catless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a challenge to get the haircut you want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAir is always a problem...I got my hair cut short and it was really straight as my perm had grown out my twin grand daughters told me my new style made me look years younger. Then I decided to get a perm and now I'm back at square one. I too took a photo of what I wanted but it all depends on the length and thickness of your hair if you get what you want. But it will grow out and I'll get it cut again. I would certainly try therapeutic massage to relax the tension in your shoulders. Happy recuperating and finding the new kitty a home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You hair looks good...it will grow out! Poor Betsy Brown Kitty has no home...perhaps she was sent to you for a reason Hope you can help find her a home:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. One good thing about haircuts, they always grow out. I think it looks nice, but I hear you about losing your longtime stylist. I get regular massage and find them incredibly helpful. However, acupuncture works extremely well, too. I get them both on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Think your new "do" makes you look younger - I would keep it! It is your expectations you need to change.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My OB-GYN moved out of state three months before my daughter was born. I'd say that was probably the one thing more stressful than finding a new hair stylist. Fortunately I have two wonderful people -- one here in VT and one in Florida, not this does me much good these days.
    Your hair looks nice although it is not exactly the picture you had in mind. It is thick and healthy looking and that is worth a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're correct, she kept cutting and cutting. I like the front, but the back doesn't look very even. Hopefully your regular stylist comes back or you find another.

    Fingers crossed for Betsy. I suspect she was left behind and is looking for her own forever home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maybe Betsy will wear you down by winter. Seems like she is putting her all into it.
    The good thing about the haircut is even though it wasn't what exactly you wanted--do we ever get that from a new stylist--at least it should last a while.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never had the luxury of a masseuse, but I think it would be wonderful, for the mind, if not for the muscles. I like your hair and I agree you wanted a longer bob on the sides. Next time show her both angles of the haircut you want if you can. I am so in sympathy with not have your favorite gal to cut your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can see that the brown cat has been neutered/spayed. It has a notch in its right ear. They do that a lot of the time with feral cats. Maybe brown cat draped over your shoulders would give you relief. ;) Really I think any massage would help if you are uptight about all that you have been through and are anticipating. It does feel good. Best of luck with it. I like your new cut. You will grow it to your specs soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your haircut looks very nice to me. But if you don't like it, hair grows.

    I often have therapeutic massages. They are my favorite luxury. Except with our newest lockdown, my therapist has cancelled my next appointment.

    One thing about stiff shoulders. It isn't just your shoulders that need therapy. It is also your neck, and then even higher than that, your head. My favorite massage is shiatsu. Whichever style you choose, enjoy, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think your hair looks nice. It is very stylish and modern. As for massage therapy, my younger daughter always has a 2 hour session when she vacations in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your hair as it will be easy to manage.A kitty is trying to adopt you. That is a challenge. And I love the trees that you pass by on walks. Trees give off energy that we often forget to think about. Enjoy the harvest season. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.