Saturday, October 5, 2013

Tom's Birthday

I began Tom's birthday by greeting the sun rise out on the breach. Those photos are on another camera. With my phone I now have pics in three devices.
It was another beautiful day and our first stop out and about was the  Tillamook Bay jetty.


We planned to next have coffee and goodies at the Garibaldi bKery but, sadly, it was closed. We went to Starbucks in Tillamook  instead.
We had some research to do on new heating sources for the cabin. With that done we drove out along the bay to the beach at Bay Ocean.
Then we drove to Ovean Side for lunch at Roseanne's before walking on the beach and through the tunnel in the headland.

It was mid afternoon when we got back to the cabin. I went for another beach walk and Tom took a nap. We both spent se te reading.
Birthday dinner was at Pirates Cove in Garibaldi :oyster stew and. Fried razor clams. Yum!
We watched the sun set through to restaurant window and then captured the lingering color as we left to return to the cabin with a wonderful day winding down.

19 comments:

  1. I figure you posted this with your camera again, since the text is small (not like your usual), but Oh My those pictures are stunning! I especially love the sky in fourth from the bottom. Wonderful, Linda! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and happy birthday, Tom! Plus I like your "selfie" picture, Linda. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, Happy Birthday to Tom, and may he have many more and may they all be on as lovely a day in as lovely a place!! Your pics are wonderful and reminds me of the beauty I miss!! Thanks for sharing! Hope you both enjoy the remainder of the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read what I had written and I sounded as though Tillamook was in Washington!! I do know better, but what can I say???? Just an old broad's frequent lack of cognizance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pictures! It looks and sounds like a perfect outing! How wonderful to live in such a place... I'm guessing that this is all in and around Washington?

    ReplyDelete
  6. belated birthday wishes to Tom. Youu guys ook like you are dressed for the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday, Tom! What a happy way to celebrate the special day. It's fun to see the photos you're taking with your iPhone. The fun thing about taking photos with the iPhone is that it goes directly into my computer via iCloud.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely photos and a pleasant way to celebrate a birthday...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Tom! Looks like a great way to spend the day! Tillamook Cheese is the very best! Smoked Medium Cheddar is always in our fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Tom! You managed to take a pretty good selfie with your new camera. And some lovely pics of the beach and the sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday Tom. I hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday to Tom. I think you celebrated in a perfect setting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Tom. Looks like you had a great day. I love the quality of the pictures. Impressive!!! Think the camera business is in jeopardy.
    Nice selfie of the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday, Tom. Aloha from Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday, Tom! Stunning pictures of the Oregon coast and sunsets.
    I try to keep all my photos on one device, but it's hard! Especially when the phones these days take such great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a perfect way to spend a birthday -- or any day for that matter! The birthday just makes it extra special.

    I've said it before: you live in paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What gorgeous beach weather! So glad you were able to be there for it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday Tom.... Looks like a great birthday

    ReplyDelete
  19. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOM----and many more.
    Linda, the images are gorgeous. MB

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.