Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Day After

I do have Christmas photos to post but I just got back from our day after Christmas destination walk, and I wanted to share some of the photos I took with my Canon PowerShot point and shoot camera.

The sun broke through the fog here on the hilltop at home by early afternoon, but it there was still heavy fog at sea level when we arrived at the Des Moines Marina about 2:30.


 It was a study in gray, punctuated by waterfowl busy fishing in the silky water.





 Mr. Heron was happy to pose for us.


 After poking around the waterfront, we went for a walk on the Des Moines creek trail, doing a 3 mile round trip.
 The sun was setting as we drove home and the eastern sky was going pink.  We stopped at a view point to finish the day with The Mountain.
It's dark now, and time to cozy in for the evening.  There are some good left overs for dinner.  With Christmas over, we can take pleasure in some simpler days.

5 comments:

  1. I saw that first one on FB and loved it then, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! The mountain is so beautiful, isn't it? It was a lovely day today, once the fog burned off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that loong pier. Those Heron shots were amazing.
    Enjoy the wind down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That heron is especially striking. Wow! That last picture is absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.