Monday, March 19, 2018

In a Vase on Monday

In a Vase on Monday is a garden blogger's meme that I seldom participate in. I am not officially a "garden blogger", just a gardener who blogs, about all kinds of stuff, and, while I always have something fresh on my kitchen table, Monday is not always the day for a new design. The floral material I use is most often from my garden though, and that's one of the rules for IAVOM.

However, as I sat at the kitchen table after dinner Sunday evening, I got to thinking about the significance of the items in the new arrangement I made this afternoon as I was decorating for Spring and Easter. 

The ceramic bunny belonged to my grandmother. The aqua vase was given to me by my sister, years ago, and is one of my first McCoy pieces. The hellebore is an old one, what my mother referred to as a Lenton Rose. Forsythia and acuba leaves add a framework. 
The McCoy water lily vase is one I collected and it holds a camelia that came from a cutting Tom took from a bush my mother planted on our little farm in Oregon. 

The table mat is one I made a few years back, using scraps from a dress I made for Irene and a mat I made for Jill. It has machine embroidery in the center and applique in the corners. I had fun playing with that little project. 

Spring officially begins on Tuesday. I'm ready!

14 comments:

  1. It is all very lovely. I enjoyed reading the history behind each piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet your arrangement is, and I love knowing its history. Happy spring and a joyous Easter to us all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can’t imagine anyone more excited to see spring approaching. Enjoyed reading about the items on your table. Such good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited for spring to arrive too! I'm very covetous of your McCoy vases.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you've inspired me after i take a little nap to decorate for spring! and hopefully the end of the flu/cold that I've been battling 2 plus weeks. Lin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your vase and thanks for the reminder to bring some Forsythia inside. They really brighten up a home.
    Thank you for stopping by and for your kind word.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your tabletop arrangement. Do you have a secret to keeping Hellebore flowers from wilting within an hour after cutting? I have no luck bringing them in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You surround yourself with beautiful and important memories. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would say you are ready! Wonderful that there are so many memories on that table.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful table setting with special elements.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome new header! You are armed and ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. And the depression glass salt and pepper shakers are lovely too! Nice arrangement with lots of memories along with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty, Linda. Happy Spring!!! I do love your daffodils.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy spring, Linda! Your table arrangement is lovely by itself but with the stories, it's spectacular!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.