Thursday, February 4, 2010

Busy As A Bee ...

...or an exotic bug, or something.
-
This little guy will find a home somewhere in the garden, offering a surprise to visitors.
Isn't he cute? I bought him yesterday at the Northwest Flower and garden show at the convention center in Seattle. This is a giant of a show in the gardening world, with large display gardens and an endless market of plants and bulbs and art and yard art and anything you can think of related to gardening. We have missed only one in the 15 or so years it's been held.
-
We went in on the light rail and spent all day, leaving home at 8:30 AM and arriving back home at 8:30 PM. We had dinner downtown before heading to the train. It was a good day and we both held up fairly well, with some rest stops built in to the looking and shopping.
-
When we got home we had emails to deal with. About now I should let you know that Tom and I have become season ticket holders for the Sounders FC soccer team. The schedule was released yesterday, and so of course everyone is now working their calendars to get everything scheduled. We're no exception. Jill emailed from Colorado with her plans for her June trip with the kids to Seattle. Of course it all has to be fitted in around soccer now. She wants to attend with her brother, we want to go, and the kids have to be accommodated. Today I swung a deal with a friend to get the kids tickets to go with us to a match while they're here.
-
Then there's the Oregon part of the trip, visiting Grandma/Great Grandma and reserving the Rockaway cabin. I have one phone call yet to make and then I think we've got it worked out.
-
Jake just called to arrange to meet here next Thursday evening to make "really big" flags as part of the ongoing tifo. I know Tom had this in mind when he bought me the serger, so I'm going to work on not being overwhelmed while working on flags something like 10 feet x 15 feet! The trick will be to teach Jake or friend Joe to run the machine. Then I can just supervise. We'll have to move into the dining room and open up the table with all of the leaves to handle the job.
-
Today I worked on finishing up the "small" flags we started Sunday, along with working on designing my next dress for Irene. This morning we sorted through all of the stuff we picked up at the garden show and planned several outings to gardens and nurseries for later in the spring. We added those to the calendar. Then I went grocery shopping.
-
Somehow I didn't get a walk in today, so tomorrow it will be a requirement. Maybe things will slow down a bit by then. I'm feeling pretty much pain free today, which allows me to take everything else in stride.

7 comments:

  1. What a great day and looking forward to more great days in the future. I am glad you are pain-free. I told David about Naproxen, but he needs to ask our pharmacist how much this drug will cost if our insurance does not cover it. David thinks it will cost $50. Hope not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you are up and running. sometimes after a down time it gets you going again. I want to see the Irene dress and photos of your son sewing. Good ideas! Sounds like fun day in town and a full season planned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do believe you've joined the world again. I'd love to do some things with Bob but he's a stay at home guy. I thought the flags you made the other day were big. Gracious, who's going to use these giant flags? At least the team will be able to spot their biggest fans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have accomplished more in a day than I do in a month!! Glad you are getting around pain-free!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to hear you are pain free too. I also admire the fact that you are so well organized. I think I had better take notes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too admire how well organized you are! Your home must run like clock work. I would imagine the garden show was a breath of fresh air. Your little garden creature is cute. Glad to hear that you are beating the pain! Looking forward to seeing a giant flag or two!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My, Linda, you sure do live a busy life! Enjoy your soccer, and your family - both at once if possible!
    Atta way! Teach the boys to sew! I enjoyed your garden 'thingamy.' Cute! - Dave

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.