Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday Morning

Soon I'll go out and collect the newspaper and have breakfast while I scan most of it. It's dry, 45 degrees, with clearing skies forecast for later in the day.
I want to put in a little time on my sewing projects, go for a walk, and watch the USA/Canada Gold Medal Hockey match, on here at noon. We went to a container gardening class yesterday at a nursery, and we bought plants. It's time to rework my patio pots. We also need to get back up to Whidbey to work on weed control when we have a dry day, which looks like tomorrow. The prediction is for sunny and 60.
We can't do it all. I'll have to pace myself.
It's the last day of the Olympics! Hurray! I've enjoyed watching much of the competition, but I"m ready to take my life back. And I have a bunch of shows that I recorded during the games that I need to catch up on.
Tomorrow we welcome another new month, the month when Spring officially begins. For those of you still buried under ice and snow, hang on, it's coming.

5 comments:

  1. Today we are having a heat wave of sorts, its close to 50! However last night we had more snow, the heavy, sticky snow. Its melting fast today so maybe we will start March off with just mud in our yards. Sounds as if you have had a very busy weekend! I've been looking at succulants online, just for a spot of sunshine! Winter makes me appreciate spring and summer so much more. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you fill up your days with exciting and new projects. You have so much energy. What do you attribute it to? Do you take mega vitamins or what?

    ReplyDelete
  3. gardening certainly keeps you going. we are 60 today and dry. It feels like spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You get a lot accomplished, much more than I do. I have a bunch of sewing projects but find excuses to put them off.
    Work in the garden, make a pot of soup or go for a bike ride, that I can get right to. Clean the house, make the valances, paint the guest room, next week, always next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with everybody. You are a marvel, Linda. I can't believe all you accomplish and still have time to blog. I have such a hard time doing more than one project at a time.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.