Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Back From the Beach

The tide was extra low during the mid-day, demonstrating once again how Useless Bay got its name. It is pretty useless for ships looking for a harbor. But it's perfect if you just want to feel useless and lazy and laid back, which is pretty much how we spent the last couple of days.
Here's proof that I did at least cross the road and walk a bit on the beach. We also tended the front yard garden, editing out weeds and seedlings and replacing a few plants. Bayview Garden Center is just up the hill a bit and we always find something we need there. We visited Chocolate Flower Farm in Langley too, and of course I had chocolate with my latte at Useless Bay Coffee Company in Langley.
I caught up on magazines and finally started a new book, Three Cups of Tea, which many had recommended. I'm enjoying it very much but feeling a bit chastised for being so lazy.
This morning we got the dishwasher and the clothes washer and dryer going, tidied up the place and I had time to sit and read in the sun while those machines finished their work. Then we were on the 11:00 ferry headed for home. The weather change we were promised followed us home. Tom just had time to get the lawn mowed before the rain hit. Now I've done the grocery shopping and unpacked and gone through the mail and email and I'm ready to return to useless mode.
Outdoor work will wait for tomorrow, and besides, it's raining.

9 comments:

  1. nice post, Linda! You sure do like to move around a lot, leaving your home for these jaunts. Now that summer is coming up, have you decided where you will be traveling abroad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. useless means without use, i think you are completely relaxing and enjoying life. to me that's not useless but very important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad the rain I sent has arrived. I'm totally sick of it here, it was 3:15 before I got in my walk. I thought to myself, I'm sending this stuff up the road to Washington state, enough is enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've surely had a little bit of everything today, that's for sure!! Sun and beautiful skies, stormy wind and rain and now the sun is peeking out again!! Sounds like you had a great couple of days and that's always good! Enjoy the rest of your week and have a great weekend!!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rain and wind hit here, too, about 3:00 in the afternoon, just as predicted. Nice picture, BTW! I read that the tides are at their lowest in years, I'm not sure exactly why, but the birds are having a picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So that's why it's called "Useless Bay"!! I think it wonderful that paradise is only a ferry ride away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is actually sounding quite wonderful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look like an adventurer in that shot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll bet you slept soundly last night!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.