Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 2 - In Molalla

We're really in day 4 of our oddessy, but I'm just catching up, in more ways than one. We're at the beach cabin in Rockaway, and this afternoon we're rained in. But we've had some good beach time, which I'll catch you up on tomorrow. On Sunday we drove the 200 miles to my mother's home in Molalla, Oregon. After lunch, we headed for the train park at Shady Dell. This is a train hobbyist's park which opens to the public on summer weekends and gives rides on a donation basis only. This is the fourth year we've visited. It has become a tradition that we hope we don't outgrow too quickly. Yes, I rode, too! Then we stopped at the nearby Adams Cemetery, where my father is buried, since it was Memorial Day weekend. My sister Ilene and her husband Mike had taken Mom there the day before and brought flowers. Since it was such a nice day we drove into the hills to pass by the farm where my mother grew up in Meadowbrook, and then on a bit further to the Pioneer Cemetery at Clarks, where my great grandparents are buried. This area is covered with Christmas tree farms, which made a fun place for hide and seek for Jill and the kids. Back at Great Grandma's house, the kids had fun on the tire swing. We had a great visit before leaving late morning on Monday to head for the coast.

7 comments:

  1. what a fun generational family holiday....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's marvelous that you have four generations to share holidays with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual the Reeder family is having fun. Loved the picture of your Mom with you and your family at the cemetery. I'm so glad you're getting pictures of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're all having such a wonderful time together and the smiles on your faces bring a smile to mine! Enjoy!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remembered my missing relatives, but being in a new part of the country, there was no chance to visit any gravesites, but I so appreciate that cemetery picture of you and your mom... you are very fortunate in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really do think it's wonderful for the grandchildren to know their ancestry and learn about their past. It's fantastic that they got to spend time with their great grandmother. I sure do love your photos, Linda. You are a really excellent photographer.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.