Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Gearing Up For Sounders Soccer

Yesterday we bought two pre-season tickets to Sounders matches on line through Ticketmaster. It cost us $31.20 for two $10 tickets. Today tickets for another preseason match went on sale. Since it was another beautiful day, we decided to ride the light rail downtown to the ticket office at the stadium and pay $10 for a $10 ticket. We picked up tickets for three other people as well. We then walked down to the Pioneer Square area, did a little browsing in shops and had an early lunch at the original Great Harvest Baking Company. After a bit more walking and sightseeing, we stopped at a Starbucks for coffee and dessert, before heading back on the train. We did a bit more walking than we planned to, because the Park and Ride lot at our train station was full, so we had to drive back up the hill and park in a parking lot near our house. That made for a an extra mile each way to walk to the station. That's how I'm justifying the brownie I had at Starbucks. :-) Total miles, 4.5. While at the stadium we stopped at The Team Store. Maybe that was a mistake. They were having a sale. The season doesn't start until March, but Tom is ready for those cold, early matches - new stadium coat, new hat, new car flag. Go Sounders. I'm now sitting, icing my heel.

7 comments:

  1. It sounds like a just-right day. My husband has a class from 4 to 6 at UW. He left at 2 to catch a bus with one transfer. He says getting there by bus is part of the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you certainly can't be accused of not supporting your team...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom looks good in all his new Sounders gear. I don't enjoy sports but I do enjoy watching you and your family with all your team clothes and your vocal loyality.

    You must be tough to walk that much with your heal pain. You must be someone with a very high pain tolerance level.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes! I love saving money like that, too. I also love justifying any happy treat I get to have. So glad you had such a lovely adventure. I hope your feet are OK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I give you credit for wanting to sit at the stadium for the games. I enjoy watching sports, also, but must do it in the comfort of my living room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I resisted a treat on my snowshoe hike Tuesday, afraid if I stray a little I'll be off my diet. I did have a food qualify as a D yesterday, but it worked out over the long haul.

    I ordered some tickets on line for the Mt. Baker Theater and was really upset over the total amount after they took their 30 pieces of silver. I won't do that again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Imagine that -- paying $10 for a $10 dollar ticket!! Good for you for 'walking that extra mile'. And you NEVER have to justify a brownie!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.