Thursday, May 25, 2017

Lunch at Brown's Point.

Wednesday six retired educators met for our monthly McMicken Lunch Bunch. We are all "graduates" of McMicken Heights Elementary School, having served on staff there at some point in our careers. It's my neighborhood school, the school my children attended, and where I spent about 25 years of my career. 

Each month we decide on the next lunch date and place. This time we decided to go farther afield, to a point overlooking Commencement Bay in north Tacoma. 
 Unfortunately it was cold and cloudy today, so The Mountain wasn't out, or it would dominate this view.  But we enjoyed the view anyway, and the food and the company at The Cliff House Restaurant. 
 I had never been here before and my friend DeeDee told me about the Brown's Point Light House, so on the way home we found it. 
 The light house no longer functions, but the keeper's cottage is available to rent for vacations. 

 The cottage has a charming garden. 











 We walked the perimeter and enjoyed a bit of the crunch underfoot of the gravel beach. 
I love finding new places so close to home. 


12 comments:

  1. The view from the Cliff House is wonderful! Haven't been there for years. Glad you enjoyed the day in my neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have the neatest places to visit.
    Don't know if you saw my reply to your comment on my blog, but I want to use your opening sentence as the title of my poem, because that is exactly what I wanted to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a beautiful place, with or without sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting place and I wouldn't mind renting that cottage. "Mountain wasn't out". I have never heard that phrase before but found it perfectly descriptive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love lighthouses and that cottage is adorable. You seem to always find a pretty garden where ever you go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely day! And those ruffled yellow daffodils are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll bet that's the best lighthouse cottage in the whole USA.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a great day with the Lunch Bunch. I enjoyed all the lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just lovely, all right. It was surprisingly cold on Wednesday, but yesterday was just perfect, once the clouds cleared away. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those gardens surrounding quaint houses.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those Yellow Iris are just beautiful! What a pretty place to visit! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.