Saturday, September 21, 2019

Lots of Soccer, and a Medical Report.

Both grand kids are playing soccer now. We have been to a bunch of Irene's games already - soccer in the sunshine....

and soccer in the rain.
 Irene plays defender on her high school JV team. 

We missed Isaac's first game because we were at a Sounders match last Sunday, and again last Wednesday.  Watching the sunset from the stadium happens before the game now, instead of after. 
This Sunday the Sounders are away, and we will be at Isaac's match, while keeping up electronically with Seahawks football. We'll get back home in time to see the Sounders play on TV. Sports are fun.

Also this week I had my return visit to the cardiologist. First I had another echo cardiogram. It was quite uncomfortable, since as I age it gets harder to be comfortable in a somewhat awkward position without being able to move during the 40 minute procedure, and apparently it is necessary to push that flat topped probe really hard against my ribs, in the same spot, over and over again. Ouch. 

There was a several hour gap between appointments, and Tom came with me, so we had lunch at a great bakery across the street from the medical center, then got Starbucks lattes and sat outside to drink them before going for a walk around the Capitol Hill neighborhood.

Meeting with the cardiologist, I learned that there had been almost no change in my aortic stenosis in the last six months. That was good news. While valve replacement is in my not too distant future, we are back to a six month wait and see before repeating the echo cardiogram. So I will keep on keeping on, exercising, walking, working in the yard, and going to lots of soccer matches.

We worked in the yard for a long time today. We are beginning the fall clean up process, cutting back perennials, pulling out annuals, cleaning up pots, and petting the borrowed cat, Charlie, who does love to come and get in our way as we garden. 

We still have dahlias and marigolds to pick and arrange for the kitchen table.
 Autumn begins officially on Monday, the autumnal equinox. I guess the rain will just get colder, and the sunny days more precious now. 


13 comments:

  1. Sigh... We are of the age where we're having all these uncomfortable procedures done. Art is having some kind of endoscopy type procedure being done this coming week. I had it done a couple of weeks ago. AND we had the echo too. Don't you love hearing the phrase, "It's part of aging, I'm afraid?" Tsk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how grown up Irene is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness! My brain is aging too. I meant to say your flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have so much to keep on keeping on about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I hope I never have to have an echo-cardiogram. An ultra sound is bad enough. Staying in one awkward position is very uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear you are maintaining and will not have to endure surgery any time soon. I love those flowers! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As you say, we have to keep on keeping on.
    Fall clean-up has started here too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like good reports so far. You are doing everything on your end to help matters. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The days are getting shorter and cooling also. Love the coolness. Glad you got a good report

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to hear that your cardio condition is in pause mode and not getting any worse. Sports is fun especially if you know someone playing. The vase full of flowers is outstanding. Love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Getting older is not for the weak of heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well you are good for six months! That is good news that the stenosis isn't worse. Your bouquet is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Irene is so grown up now, and just beautiful. Those flowers you cut and bring inside are breathtaking. So big and such pretty deep colors. 40 minutes is a long time to be still through an exam. Glad everything is okay.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.