Sunday, July 25, 2021

Beautiful Things

 It's a slow Sunday afternoon. The temperature is just about to reach 85 degrees. 

We slept in a little, or at least lingered in bed, sleep not always achievable, but resting anyway. 

With my hour plus of physical therapy completed, I needed to move a bit more so I went out in the garden to see what I could see.

This stone sits on my patio table and it reminds me that laughter, like flowers, is a beautiful thing. We need more laughter.

Beautiful flowers I have.

Black eyed Susan vine on a patio trellis. 

A rack of little sedums attached to the trellis. They bloom too, but you have to get close to appreciate them. 
A rose is a rose is a rose. 


The first buds are opening on the lilies. Stargazer is my favorite. 

Clematis blooms linger.
Hydrangeas and butterfly bush - Buddleia - bloom at the bottom of the garden. I'll have to keep an eye out for the Western Swallowtail butterflies now, another thing of beauty.


And sometimes we just have to laugh AT flowers, or with them. The succulent Life Saver plant has started to bloom and has been moved to the patio table where we can appreciate it up close and enjoy nature with a sense of humor. 




More are coming, and hopefully more laughter too.

Charlie came for lunch, another thing of beauty.
Soon we will gear up to take the light rail in to the stadium for a Sounders match. We hope to find those seats in the shade that are unoccupied, since we were unable to get the shady ADA seats. Cooking in the sun is no laughing matter.

Oh, and we have our VCR set to record everything we will be missing, USA Soccer, Masterpiece Theater, and of course, the Olympics! We'll have lots of catching up to do.

Life itself is a thing of beauty. At least it is for us who have many blessings to count. 

I hope you are enjoying beauty and laughter in your life. 

14 comments:

  1. Those Lifesavers are way cool what a unique plant! Such pretty Stargazer Lilies:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen a few of the things in your garden before, the black eyed Susan vine, and the lifesaver plant. That is a very interesting plant. I can see why it makes you laugh. Laughter is a good thing. We need to laugh more around here too. Although, my husband zings me with a bit of humor almost daily. For that, I’m grateful. I just kinda miss the laughter that happens in groups.

    We walked tonight after the rain. It was so beautiful. I’m grateful the beauty of where I live. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Rose is a Rose and yours is a beauty!! The Life Saver plant is cute. I haven't heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the beautiful laughter this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such gorgeous flowers! That lifesaver plant is a new one for me. It did make me smile for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to Google the lifesaver plant. That flower just didn't look real but it is. Think I will look for one. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I do appreciate beauty and laughter all the time. What we do without them?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your black eyed suzan. Mine is still small.
    I like flowers and the lot of sparrows we have in the garden make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow those lifesaver blooms are exotic...we have few flowers this time of year but the extreme high temps have brought on the monsoons which are refreshing and cooling but do add humidity to our days that we are spending inside.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have beautiful flowers. I love the message on that stone!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wouldn't have realizes the lifesaver flower was real if you hadn't added the tag. It's very unusual!

    The blooms are all so lovely, thanks for sharing. Enjoy catching up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the beauty and joy you share with us Reeder readers, (lol). Our own Carissa Moore won the gold medal in surfing at the Olympics! Well deserved and such an honor! She did us proud.

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's lots of beauty to enjoy in your gardens. I appreciate this post and what you've said. I am terrible about looking around and seeing all that needs to be fixed or cleaned and not appreciating the beauty around me. That Lifesaver plant is the most unusual thing I've ever seen. Thank you Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for these gorgeous photos. You’ve given me something to smile about during these scary times.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.