Monday, July 5, 2021

House Cleaning Day

Yes, our house is getting cleaned.

While we are doing the usual Monday house keeping chores inside, outside our house is getting washed.  

This is Day 1 of getting the exterior of our house painted and today is pressure washing day.

They are very thorough. They have washed the moss off the garage roof, washed all of the walls, of course, and the windows, and the sidewalks too.  
They are just finishing up for today and I went downstairs to take a peek and I see that they have even pressure washed the patio!


All of these things needed to be done, but they were not things we were going to do. We have contemplated hiring a window washer. Now we might not need to for a while.

Tomorrow a crew will be back to start the painting process, which means my windows will be covered for a while. I will try to survive without open windows this week. Did I tell you that the part we need to fix the furnace/air conditioner will take at least two weeks to be delivered. I sure hope it doesn't get too hot. The forecast is mid 70's to mid 80's.

I am not fond of disruption. Wish me luck. 


13 comments:

  1. The pressure washing work would seem to be an indication of the thoroughness of the crew. It bodes well for the paint work.

    Fingers crossed the part arrives sooner than expected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet the last time your house was painted you painted it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting the house and patio pressure washed is a great idea. Hopefully the weather will be reasonably cool so you don't expire from the heat. At least you can open all the windows after the crew goes home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hum, maybe I need a pressure washing too. It does do a job on the windows.
    Hope you have cool weather when they have your windows papered over. Hopefully that can come off as soon as they are finished.
    Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luck to you! When a big project is in progress I keep my focus on what it will be at the end. Beautiful, clean, and new. I look forward to what color scheme you will have and how wonderful it will look when you post about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang tough, it will be worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the weather cooperates while you endure your closed windows. I don't do well with disruptions, either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know that disliking-distruptions thing. Lucky you weren't doing this during 90's. I think you will be fine and come out of it with feeling great about having had it done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a big project just as well that you hired it done. When they power washed ours we had to wait a few weeks before they put stain on it again. It will be worth the effort:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ambitious you are...I would love to get a maid or house cleaner-did some cleaning the other day and now my back aches. Getting old...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am always shocked at how many posts I've missed. I LOVE your July 4th Post...and all the others too. Hope you don't get more of that extreme heat, without your air conditioner working. Don't blame you for hiring someone to do some of the work. It is so easy to fall or get hurt. Still looks beautiful at your vacation home...Whidbey. The flowers are are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to have all cleaned! But I know it’s difficult when you have workers at home. I will have them inside for a week when they’ll come to change the doors and windows and two days for the boiler.
    It’s nice when finished!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It all looks good. Very impressive work.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.